How did this forum come to be?

Reaction score
I stumbled onto this forum quite by accident when googling for another baking forum.

Most forums are associated with a commercial website. But this appears to be a stand alone baking forum. Not complaining--I really like it, but I was curious as to the history of it.

Reaction score
From what I gather since I've been on here, and I could be wrong, but this is a "private" site.

If I'm not mistaken, Becky is the sole proprietor of this site, and is her personal pet project as it were.

I don't know the fate of the site since Becky has been out with back issues, so until we hear from Becky or her associate about what is happening with her and the site, I don't know what is in store for the future.

Reaction score
From what I gather since I've been on here, and I could be wrong, but this is a "private" site.

If I'm not mistaken, Becky is the sole proprietor of this site, and is her personal pet project as it were.

I don't know the fate of the site since Becky has been out with back issues, so until we hear from Becky or her associate about what is happening with her and the site, I don't know what is in store for the future.

ChesterV, thank you for the explanation. I hope Becky regains her health.

She's create a very good baking site. People actually talk about real baking issues here...

Reaction score
ChesterV, thank you for the explanation. I hope Becky regains her health.

She's create a very good baking site. People actually talk about real baking issues here...

Yes, we've had some super awesome people on here when I first joined.......but some of them work from home, and were trying to make their businesses more popular, so I guess it worked, as I haven't seen many of them around since last fall.

Most of the others were elderly and retired people just learning to bake at home. One gentleman I was helping with some instructions fell ill for a while. I guess it got the better of him, as it is rare I see him on here anymore.

Reaction score
@Norcalbaker59 welcome to the forum! I'm pleased to hear you like the site. I set it up a few years back with my husband @Ian's help - basically I was looking for somewhere to discuss baking and I didn't like any of the forums I found, so we decided to set up our own.

Like @ChesterV said, I've been out of action with my back recently. Due to some complications following lumbar injections I find it really difficult to look at a screen or concentrate on anything at the moment, so I'm on my phone right now. It looks like I need a lumbar fusion, and hopefully that will happen within the next few weeks.

As soon as I'm able (hopefully with the next couple of months) I will be back on here, I can't wait! In the meantime I hope you enjoy the forum :)

Reaction score
Yes, we've had some super awesome people on here when I first joined.......but some of them work from home, and were trying to make their businesses more popular, so I guess it worked, as I haven't seen many of them around since last fall.

Most of the others were elderly and retired people just learning to bake at home. One gentleman I was helping with some instructions fell ill for a while. I guess it got the better of him, as it is rare I see him on here anymore.

My kind of place: sharing the joy of baking and helping bakers bake better! Kudos for all your efforts.

Reaction score
@Norcalbaker59 welcome to the forum! I'm pleased to hear you like the site. I set it up a few years back with my husband @Ian's help - basically I was looking for somewhere to discuss baking and I didn't like any of the forums I found, so we decided to set up our own.

Like @ChesterV said, I've been out of action with my back recently. Due to some complications following lumbar injections I find it really difficult to look at a screen or concentrate on anything at the moment, so I'm on my phone right now. It looks like I need a lumbar fusion, and hopefully that will happen within the next few weeks.

As soon as I'm able (hopefully with the next couple of months) I will be back on here, I can't wait! In the meantime I hope you enjoy the forum :)

Becky, I certainly hope you're treatments are successful. I understand how difficult and painful back issues can be. My son has struggled for years with back issues. He's now nearing the cross-roads of surgery. I wish you well and hope to see you back here soon. You created a wonderful place for bakers to gather.

Ask a Question