Howdy

Reaction score
Hi...I'm a baker in San Francisco, currently working night shift at a neighborhood bakery. I made a career change to baking three years ago, going into an excellent (and free!) community college baking certificate program for two semesters. I love the work, but in the daily grind it can be hard to stay motivated to learn new things and practice skills, so I'm happy to find a forum to facilitate that exploration. My summer plan, if I can stick to it, is to work on choux; I've worked with it a few times (though not at work), and it has turned out well, but I'd like to master it--as much as I can on my own, at least!

Reaction score
Hi...I'm a baker in San Francisco, currently working night shift at a neighborhood bakery. I made a career change to baking three years ago, going into an excellent (and free!) community college baking certificate program for two semesters. I love the work, but in the daily grind it can be hard to stay motivated to learn new things and practice skills, so I'm happy to find a forum to facilitate that exploration. My summer plan, if I can stick to it, is to work on choux; I've worked with it a few times (though not at work), and it has turned out well, but I'd like to master it--as much as I can on my own, at least!

Hello and welcome. I’m over in the Napa Valley. I’ve been baking some 20 years now. I take classes at Keith Giusto’s Artisan Baking Center in Petaluma, CIA, and The San Francisco Cooking School. I wanted to start taking classes at the San Francisco Baking Institute this year, but they’ve been shut down for months.

My brother is involved in speciality coffee (coffee roaster & grower), so he and I were trying to get a business going with adding baked goods & chocolate products. But everything is stalled with the shutdown.

So we are in a holding pattern right now.

Ask a Question