Make Muffins

Reaction score
Quick breads are great and they are a handy way to use up fruit or garden goodies such as zucchini. Sometimes, instead of breads, I like to make muffins. You can use all your favorites in muffins just like you can in breads, and muffins don't take as long to bake. They take a few minutes more to get ready, but your baking time is nearly cut in half. Muffins are handy too. Just grab one and go.

Reaction score
I have always favored muffins over breads, for some reason muffins seem to taste better to me than bread, even if I used the exact mic for both of them! I don't know if it's just my imagination...

Reaction score
I like them better too. Remember that Seinfeld episode about muffin tops? lol. I like the "crust" part and you get more of that with muffins than with breads.

Reaction score
I like both breads and muffins. Breads are just as convenient as muffins if you slice them into slices. I slice my dessert breads into slices then glaze them. I then individually wrap them in baggies or something to take to work or kids take to school for snack. Muffins are bagged the same.

Reaction score
I love muffins! So much easier to just grab and go in a hurry, and the portion is usually better for me as well :).

Reaction score
Muffins can be a money saver because they let you use up things that might go to waste. My kid loves those sugary kid cereals, but sometimes there are literally cups of Cocoa Puffs and Fruit Loops crumbs left in the bags. I felt weird about throwing away cups and cups of cereal crumbs, so I looked at Pinterest and found a recipe for Cereal Crumb Muffins that uses up all of those stray Capn Crunch and Boo Berry particles. http://www.moneymindedmoms.com/articles/_/feeding-your-family/cereal-muffin-recipe-r213

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I've never made muffins until now, but I think this is the right time to try something new. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'm definitely going to try it out and I shall come back to tell you my opinion about it.

Ask a Question