Making a giant cookie?

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am not a baker. I want to make my husband a cookie/ brownie layered round cake. I need to know how to make pre packaged Pillsbury cookie dough in a nine inch round cake pan. My instinct is to go low and slow but I’m not sure. Pillsbury has instructions for making a larger and thinner cookie cake but I want to resemble a cake layer so I’m thinking it will be at least an inch thick. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

My instinct is to go low and slow

Yep, this is a good idea. The thicker you make the layer the more difficulty you will have though - the reason being that it becomes difficult to get the middle to cook before the outside is over baked. However you can compensate by using a low heat and maybe also putting a foil ring around the outer edge to protect it. You should also bear in mind that a thick cookie will be heavy and dense, so if you are planning layering it then the filling will need to be quite sturdy too otherwise it could go everywhere when you try to cut it.

I've never used Pillsbury cookie dough before, what is their advice for the thinner cookie?

Ask a Question