Meringues (Low and Slow Baked Meringue Cookies)

Reaction score
I love meringue in whatever form it takes, and these are one of my favorite light and airy cookies. I know some people are intimidated at the thought of making meringue, but these aren't difficult, and they taste delicious. One thing I have learned over the years is that it's best to NOT use a plastic bowl. It seems meringue comes out better when a glass or copper bowl is used. Note that these can be topped with cream and berries, or anything you want, or eaten plain, which is what I normally do. I often make Meringues at Christmas, when I make a large variety of cookies and then create packages of the variety for family and friends. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/meringues-234238

If you don't have pastry bags and tips for piping, you can simply spoon the meringue onto the trays, or you can cut the tip off a zipper storage bag after filling it with meringue, and pipe it that way.

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Pavlova? It's an Australian meringue based dessert. It's so delicious and I'm sure if you're a meringue lover you would be a fan of it too!

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Pavlova? It's an Australian meringue based dessert. It's so delicious and I'm sure if you're a meringue lover you would be a fan of it too!

I actually have heard of it, and will have to try making it at some point. I've seen Pavlova recipes that use cream and berries, and others that use lemon curd and berries. It seems these meringue cookies could actually be used as the base for the Pavlova, since they look pretty much the same initially, and then the tops of the cookies would be knocked down/pushed in, for the Pavlova toppings/fillings.

Reaction score
I love meringue, but to be honest I don't have that much experience preparing it. Thanks for the tips though, I'll keep those in mind in case I ever decide to give merengue a try (at home) :) I already have a very nice mixer waiting in my new home in the Netherlands. I will put it to good use shortly ;)

Ask a Question