Mixed sugar with flour instead of eggs

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to baking. I'm a retired Veteran that has started baking cookies, bread and cakes for my two teenage girls and while attempting to make sugar cookies yesterday i accidentally dumped my sugar in with the dry ingredients instead of with the butter. I started over and made them correctly but saved the flour sugar combination because I don't like to waste and was wondering if there was anything I can make with 2 1/2 cups flour mixed with one cup sugar?? just curious this is all new for me. I have to say though, that I will never buy store bought cookies again and making them from scratch. I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that were just amazing. My sugar cookies were pretty good too :)

Thank you

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to baking. I'm a retired Veteran that has started baking cookies, bread and cakes for my two teenage girls and while attempting to make sugar cookies yesterday i accidentally dumped my sugar in with the dry ingredients instead of with the butter. I started over and made them correctly but saved the flour sugar combination because I don't like to waste and was wondering if there was anything I can make with 2 1/2 cups flour mixed with one cup sugar?? just curious this is all new for me. I have to say though, that I will never buy store bought cookies again and making them from scratch. I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that were just amazing. My sugar cookies were pretty good too :)

Thank you

I have a blueberry muffin recipe that you can mix in an all in one then bake it in a loaf pan. Since the sugar is already in the flour you can’t make it into muffins at this point. You’ll have to make it into a loaf. So ignore the muffin mixing method and follow the directions below.

Preheat the oven to 325°F.

Grease a 9 x 5“ loaf pan with baker’s grease.

Bakers grease is equal parts of shortening, oil, and flour. So 1 teaspoon shortening, 1 teaspoon oil, 1 teaspoon of flour thoroughly mix together. Nothing will stick with the baker’s grease.

Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together

In a separate bowl mix the melted butter eggs milk and vanilla extract.

Then mix the flour mixture into the milk mixture. To just combine. Just barely in the blueberries. Then pour the batter in the loaf pan. It will take about an hour to bake.

Blueberry Muffins

300g (2 ½ cups) all-purpose flour, measured by dip and sweep method

14g (1 tbsp) baking powder

7g (1 tsp) baking soda

2g (½ tsp) salt

113g (½ cup ) unsalted butter, melted and cooled

200g (1 cup) sugar

100g (2 large) eggs

240g (1 cup) buttermilk or whole milk

15g (1 tbsp) vanilla extract

200g (2 cups) blueberries (fresh or frozen)

For the streusel topping

80g flour

80g almond flour

80g sugar

80g butter

1. Press butter into sugar and flour using your fingers. Sprinkle with water and rake with fork until the streusel forms a crumb like texture
  2. Place in freezer for 10 mins until firm

Muffins
  1. Preheat oven to 425°F
  2. 325°F
  3. Line 12 cup muffin tin with baking liners.
  4. Prepare the streusel topping by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
  5. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
  6. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar, add the eggs, mix, then add the milk and vanilla, mix again.
  7. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine using a rubber spatula until moistened. Fold in the blueberries until just incorporated.
  8. Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with streusel
  9. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F,
  10. Reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  11. Transfer to a rack and cool five minutes
  12. Remove muffins from the tin and completely.

Reaction score
If you have a food processor, just put your flour/sugar mixture in and add 1 cup of butter/marg cut up in squares. Pulse it, then turn out on board, knead until it turns into a ball, then roll, but your cookies out, and, voila, you have shortbread! Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Ask a Question