One Banana Banana Bread

Discussion in 'Bread' started by Diane Lane, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Diane Lane, Oct 26, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Diane Lane

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

Smart thinking to look for a recipe with one banana! I hate wasting food here too, a lot of the time if I have bananas going brown I just freeze them until I can think of something to do with them, or until I have enough for whatever the recipe requires!

cupcakechef, Oct 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Diane Lane

Trellum Well-Known Member

Diane, you could also freeze your brown bananas. Someone gave me that tip, so when I feel like baking bread banana I can just go to the freezer and get 'em. Great recipe by the way, it looks so tasty in the picture! I love the idea of adding chocolate chips to the banana bread. I need to try this one! But the recipe calls for a large one? So I guess two small ones would make the trick (over here I rarely see large bananas).

Trellum, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Diane Lane

justme4910 Well-Known Member

is that made with all Purpose Flour Diane ?

yea I had to ask :)

justme4910, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Diane Lane

ReadmeByAmy Well-Known Member

Nowadays we should really be economical in all things especially with the food items where some prices cost that high that is why we must avoid wasting as necessary. Now I already knew what will I do if my bananas turns into brown already I will surely put it in the freezer for a later use. Thank you for sharing this nice and economical idea and also for sharing the link of the recipe. :)

ReadmeByAmy, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Diane Lane

Winterybella Well-Known Member

So what happened in the end? I froze all that my mom sent me a few weeks ago. I am back in a little slump or just to busy and overwhelmed. I like that you were willing to take action with just one ripe banana.

Winterybella, Oct 28, 2015
  7. Diane Lane

justme4910 Well-Known Member

and thanks for the tip about freezing bananas

justme4910, Oct 28, 2015
  8. Diane Lane

ReadmeByAmy Well-Known Member

Today we had still bananas in our fruit basket but had already turned into brown that is why I peel them off and put in the freezer for a later use if I will have the time to bake a banana bread. I had already did what I had learned from this thread. If before I will just throw my bananas who had turned into brown but now no need and I had learned to be more economical. And again thanks for sharing this thread! :)

ReadmeByAmy, Oct 30, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question