Oreo cookies.

Reaction score
I love to bake cookies. At Christmas, I bake Peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar, mint, chocolate fudge, and the list goes on. I love the smell in the kitchen when they are baking, and more so, I love to eat them right out of the oven,

Even so, I see an Oreo cookie, and I will give up the homemade cookies in a heartbeat. I feel like a traitor, but just can't help myself. I go to the store, and check on their new filling variety. I may be addicted to them.

Question is, any particular store bought cookie, that you just love to eat?

Reaction score
Oreos would have to be my guilty pleasure.

I know that they are horrible for me but they just taste so good. The fact that I can't find a recipe for these cookies that doesn't involve these cookies. Just says how unique the flavor truly is.

Reaction score
Oreos would have to be my guilty pleasure.

I know that they are horrible for me but they just taste so good. The fact that I can't find a recipe for these cookies that doesn't involve these cookies. Just says how unique the flavor truly is.

Yes, you are so on the money. There are no recipes for Oreo. There are plenty of recipes where it calls for Oreo cookies. I have tried Knock-off brands, and the taste does not come close. Why is that? They are the only secret that has been kept, even from the internet. Hmm.. genius. Whomever invented them are pure Genius.

Reaction score
Hmm.. I don't buy cookies, so I'm not sure of brands but you know those ones that are dunked in chocolate and are usually in a little white bag? ugh, sorry.. I have no idea what they are, but they're so addictive. Actually, I'm pretty sure you could dunk a shoe in chocolate and I'd eat it, so it's possible it has nothing to do with the cookies lol

Reaction score
I have tried my best to kick store bought cookies out of my life, but I too am an Oreo addict. You can not make one yourself, and like you said, generics do not cut it. There is probably something addicting in an Oreo, hidden in the recipe as their secret ingredient.

Reaction score
Hmm.. I don't buy cookies, so I'm not sure of brands but you know those ones that are dunked in chocolate and are usually in a little white bag? ugh, sorry.. I have no idea what they are, but they're so addictive. Actually, I'm pretty sure you could dunk a shoe in chocolate and I'd eat it, so it's possible it has nothing to do with the cookies lol
Once a chocoholic, always a chocoholic. Maybe we need to attend chocoholic anonymous meetings. It is a terrible weakness. Thank GOd, for sugar free versions of chocolate, and specially for sugar free OREO's. I remember the first time I found them.. It was like if Heaven opened its doors. LOL

Reaction score
I have tried my best to kick store bought cookies out of my life, but I too am an Oreo addict. You can not make one yourself, and like you said, generics do not cut it. There is probably something addicting in an Oreo, hidden in the recipe as their secret ingredient.

It is the best kept secret since the beginning of time. Maybe there is an addictive ingredient, either way. I love their flavor. I raised 5 kids, and I have 3 grand kids.
When I visit their houses, I laugh, they all have Oreos, and funny because if the latest flavor just came out, they have bought it too. Yes it runs in our blood.

Reaction score
Lorna Doone cookies are my downfall. I enjoy shortbread cookies because they aren't too sweet and taste great with vanilla ice cream. What works best for me is just to leave them in the store or purchase small pack.

Lorna-Doone.jpg

Reaction score
I am also a big Oreos fan. I like to bake my own cookies. But I could never bake an Oreo. Whoever came up with the idea was a genius. Oreos are so delicious. They've been around for a long time, too. If something lasts for so long, it has to be good. Long live Oreos!

Reaction score
Oreos, absolutely! Every now and then I get a junky penchant for dunking Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies in a glass of milk and waiting until they've completely fallen apart. Once they have crumbled, I scoop them out with a spoon. My mind knows it's gross, but my body craves it sometimes for some reason...

Reaction score
I love Oreos as well! They are so delicious! Plus they are very versitale! They are good dipped in milk, by themselves, or crushed on top of a cake! In addition, I love chips ahoy cookies! They are fantastic! Of course I will always love homemmade cookies, but oreos and chips ahoy have a special place in my heart. :) They remind me of my childhood. I rememeber bringing a small ziploc bag of oreos or chips ahoy with me for my snack when we would go places.

Ask a Question