Oven Lamps purpose

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrveeen05, Jun 5, 2019.

1. mrveeen05

mrveeen05 Member

Good day. I want to buy a new oven for baking(personal/business usually orders and not a bakeshop). I have seen in some stores an oven with a value written on it like 35L, 20L, 60L. My question is what is the purpose of the lamps in baking? Will a bigger value L be a factor in baking some cakes and pastries? Thanks

mrveeen05, Jun 5, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. mrveeen05

Becky Well-Known Member

My understanding is that numbers like 35L indicate the internal volume of the oven, so I'm not sure how Lamps come into it...? The lamp in an oven is just to illuminate what is inside, as far as I am aware. Let me know if I'm missing something here though!

Becky, Jun 5, 2019
    mrveeen05 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. mrveeen05

mrveeen05 Member

Oh so that is what it means. I thought it stands for Lamps. I just assumed that it was Lamps. Basically, the bigger the L, the more items can be baked?

mrveeen05, Jun 6, 2019
  4. mrveeen05

Becky Well-Known Member

Yes that's right. Litres are a measure of volume, so the bigger the number the bigger the capacity of the oven.

Becky, Jun 7, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question