Understanding the Role of Oven Lamps in Baking

Reaction score
Good day. I want to buy a new oven for baking(personal/business usually orders and not a bakeshop). I have seen in some stores an oven with a value written on it like 35L, 20L, 60L. My question is what is the purpose of the lamps in baking? Will a bigger value L be a factor in baking some cakes and pastries? Thanks

Reaction score
My understanding is that numbers like 35L indicate the internal volume of the oven, so I'm not sure how Lamps come into it...? The lamp in an oven is just to illuminate what is inside, as far as I am aware. Let me know if I'm missing something here though!

Reaction score
My understanding is that numbers like 35L indicate the internal volume of the oven, so I'm not sure how Lamps come into it...? The lamp in an oven is just to illuminate what is inside, as far as I am aware. Let me know if I'm missing something here though!

Oh so that is what it means. I thought it stands for Lamps. I just assumed that it was Lamps. Basically, the bigger the L, the more items can be baked?

Reaction score
Oh so that is what it means. I thought it stands for Lamps. I just assumed that it was Lamps. Basically, the bigger the L, the more items can be baked?

Yes that's right. Litres are a measure of volume, so the bigger the number the bigger the capacity of the oven.

Ask a Question