Teach them to clean up from early

Reaction score
That's where I went wrong, I never taught my daughter on how to clean utensils when she was young. She is now 9 years old and she claims that she does not know how to clean up. I think that when she grows up she will want to learn more about such tasks.
@Joel, you can still nip this in the bud. She is just 9 years old. I just think if I had a daughter she would have be into the cooking and cleaning. My mother-in-law tells me my husband was the same way but after about ten years of being married to me, he saw change. It happened just when I was about to give up. So I always say, things might change with my son.

Reaction score
Yes, yes and yes some more. It is very important to get your kids in the kitchen and teach them valuable skills and knowledge, and that certainly includes the responsibility of cleaning up after yourself. It is something that you really need to teach them, more than other things too I would say. Certainly doable, but I do think you have to make that effort, and the earlier the better. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I agree that this is a big part of cooking and we should teach the kids to clean up after themselves and also to tidy up their workspace as they go in order to avoid injuries or accidents.

Reaction score
I don't remember much of the details but I still remember that whenever my mother would do some baking, my older sister would be tasked to clean the mess particularly the batter and the plates. I was in grade school and sometimes I would help in the cleaning. That is a good training for children and maybe that's the reason why I am neat with my things. And the motivating factor for cleaning up is the sample of the baked goodies.

Ask a Question