ThermoWorks is having open box sale

Reaction score
ThermoWorks Open Box Sale
Not in any way affiliated with this company. But I am own a number of their products, including an two thermometers, two alarms, hydrometer, and various accessories.

explanation of their open box sale:

extremely limited quantity of multiple products that, for one reason or another, will not be sold as new units. This is your chance to take advantage of huge discounts on multiple, like-new items.
Open Box includes:

• sales demos
• customer returns
• cosmetic seconds
• slightly damaged packaging
While not the same as new, all units are like-new and include the full warranty. They also include instructions. In most cases, you won't be able to differentiate these from new stock. Does not include electronically repaired or rebuilt units.

Reaction score
Hi @Norcalbaker59 ,

For making jams and candies, will the DOT thermometer be a good choice?

Thanks!

I would get one of their pocket thermometers. I’ve had both the ThermoPop and an Executive series. I gave the Pop to my sister and the executive to my brother.

I have an MK4 and the Chef Alarm with a couple of different probes. And really the only time I use a prob is when I need to leave a thermometer in for a long cook, like a caramel. The rest of the time I just use an instant read.

Reaction score
I would get one of their pocket thermometers. I’ve had both the ThermoPop and an Executive series. I gave the Pop to my sister and the executive to my brother.

I have an MK4 and the Chef Alarm with a couple of different probes. And really the only time I use a prob is when I need to leave a thermometer in for a long cook, like a caramel. The rest of the time I just use an instant read.

oops, you are right! I wanted to make caramels most of all.
For caramels, does the DOT with this Probe: Pro-Series® High Temp Air Probe With Grate Clip mean that I can clip the probe easily on the pan?

Or just get the dot and mcguyver a paper clip to hold the probe in the caramel pan?

Thanks a lot @Norcalbaker59

Reaction score
oops, you are right! I wanted to make caramels most of all.
For caramels, does the DOT with this Probe: Pro-Series® High Temp Air Probe With Grate Clip mean that I can clip the probe easily on the pan?

Or just get the dot and mcguyver a paper clip to hold the probe in the caramel pan?

Thanks a lot @Norcalbaker59

I would work. But I would wait until they have their 25% Black Friday sale or other 25% sale on a Chef Alarm. Sign up for their emails.

This is my set up on my probe Chef Alarm. And I bought just about everything on sale.

Chef Alarm, it comes with a case and probe. I purchased the 12” probe, extension cord, two clips, two storages spools
E3AF9401-E760-4AB1-8541-3B680580E49D.jpeg

Storage spools hold the probe and extension cord. The plug inserts in an opening to protect it then the cord wraps around the spool
059EF4D1-A10C-4B81-9985-C7B88676185A.jpeg

The spools have magnets so the stay stacked in the drawer.
5CE745FA-EB46-4CFD-8E74-6F2CD1E87036.jpeg

The two clips. One has multiple holes so the probe can be adjusted within the pot.
93F5AB14-3F6E-479B-9C3B-0C5FBD512566.jpeg

I keep the 12” Probe in the original package sense it’s so long I don’t want it to be damaged.
55CDD178-F35D-4273-8B9B-B2CDE546BD0B.jpeg

Extension cord for probe because I like to have room to work around the stove. I store the extension cord on a spool. I actually have a couple spares spools.
5E7358E4-8F78-4CDB-9E18-E3288D82BC4B.jpeg

this will just give you an idea of its accuracy. And I guess my Fellow Staggs kettle is still accurate after all this time.
D9E52A25-8454-4B36-B13C-AAD86A6DDFBF.jpeg

Reaction score
Another sale: they are discontinuing the purple colour for the Mk4 and have a 30% off sale for it - even cheaper than the 25% off Black Friday sale. I think this is the lowest they ever discount the Mk4 too?

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on this sale btw. Ends up being basically $100 after shipping to Canada plus currency conversion, but as they say "buy once cry once"!

Now if only immersion blenders ever go on sale too...

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on this sale btw. Ends up being basically $100 after shipping to Canada plus currency conversion, but as they say "buy once cry once"!

Now if only immersion blenders ever go on sale too...
lol. @Cahoot I know it hurts. But their thermometers are really the best. I really love all their tools. And their customer service is pretty phenomenal. As long as you purchase directly through them or an authorized dealer that company stands behind their product. I cannot say enough about their customer service. If you have a problem, contact them immediately. They are very responsive.

But if people buy through Amazon they do not honor any warranty because Amazon is just full of counterfeits.

Ask a Question