What are the best dessert wines?

Reaction score
My husband and I visited Paris earlier this year and fell in love with two types of French dessert wines. Maur Clos de Capelune Rose and La Dame du Rouet Rose are the names of the wines. Both are extremely tasty and have a wonderful flavor. You can find them in online stores; I usually order from 8Wines.
A great dessert wine has a good balance of sweetness and acidity, as well as vibrant flavors. Without the acidity, the wine is more like sugar water.

What are yours? :)

Reaction score
I'm not really into dessert wines as such, but there is a port wine that Trader Joe's sells that I am fond of. It's Porto Magado 10 year old tawny. Goes well with dark chocolate or most any sweet with a pronounced flavor.

The only other sweet wine I buy with any regularity is Marsala as it has the starring role in chicken marsala, a particular favorite of my oldest daughter. Many labels for that and I do not have a favorite which is just as well because when I need more you can be sure the store won't have any more of it! I generally choose one in the middle price range.

Dunross

Reaction score
I live in middle of a vineyard in California wine country. Honestly, I will take a good shot of whiskey or bourbon over wine any day. I only serve wine to guests cuz they expect it when visiting here.

Ask a Question