When it is best to refrigerate yeast doughgh

Reaction score
I love baking atrisan style loaves in my stoneware cloche and rectangular covered baker. However a few of the recipes I'd like to try make 2 loaves and I currently only own one
Should I refrigerate one half of the dough after the 1st rising while the 1st loaf bakes and cools to avoid over risen dough?
Do I also have the option to freeze half?
BTW my stoneware bakers are from Sassafras. Has anyone had experience with this brand?

Reaction score
I would chill it as soon as its mixed, just retard it until the first one is in the oven.
Sourdough has a hard enough time without killing it in the freezer but you can always try it with a chunk of dough and see how it recovers.

Reaction score
I love baking atrisan style loaves in my stoneware cloche and rectangular covered baker. However a few of the recipes I'd like to try make 2 loaves and I currently only own one
Should I refrigerate one half of the dough after the 1st rising while the 1st loaf bakes and cools to avoid over risen dough?
Do I also have the option to freeze half?
BTW my stoneware bakers are from Sassafras. Has anyone had experience with this brand?

You can also just use your bakers percentages, scale the recipe so you only make one loaf and not be bothered with dough you can’t use.

Ask a Question