What equipment did you buy but never used?

Reaction score
Ice cream maker. Though I would use it, but it just sat there until I admitted it was never going to get used (turns out that is a looooong time)

hmmm i need to get mine out and use it again,it has been a long time since I last used it,I do have to say it makes excellent ice cream

Reaction score
Probably the ice cream machine my husband bought for me ;) Hahahaha, just kidding, I am sure I will use it plenty of times. I guess the only equipment I bought and never used was the juicer we bought a while ago, we also had one of those waffle iron, no idea where it is now.

Reaction score
I bought a hand mixer when it was on sale for some stupid reason. It was so cheap I was like "I'm sure I'll need it at some point in life" then I bought it. The part that makes this so stupid is I've had a Kitchen Aid for 5 years now. I even went a bit crazy getting all it's attachments a while back. I literally have no need for a hand mixer because the Kitchen Aid mixes everything so flawlessly. I've been trying to get my friend into baking so maybe i'll give it to her.

Reaction score
I think most of the things I got, I used at least once -- ecept the bread maker I've got when a friend moved and wanted to get rid of it. It wa this old thing and I had no idea how to use it...

Other than this, I've been known to get desperate with tools that were hard to clean. My juice maker, for example, was awesome for converting fruits and veggies to juices... but damn, that was to tricky to clean correctly and tedious! Also, I've once asked for a meat thermometer for Christmas, used it twice during the year and went vegetarian the next year or so. So there's that too! XD

Reaction score
Too many to mention. I don't know another way to say that. Some of them I don't even know the names of. It happened a long time ago.

Reaction score
I bought a hand mixer when it was on sale for some stupid reason. It was so cheap I was like "I'm sure I'll need it at some point in life" then I bought it. The part that makes this so stupid is I've had a Kitchen Aid for 5 years now. I even went a bit crazy getting all it's attachments a while back. I literally have no need for a hand mixer because the Kitchen Aid mixes everything so flawlessly. I've been trying to get my friend into baking so maybe i'll give it to her.

I was given a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer for a present,that is why I'm trying to step up my Baking :)

Reaction score
I have a small house and a smaller kitchen, so I don't have a lot of extra equipment I don't use. I have some patterned pans that I've donated or sold over the years, since they were just taking up space. I bought a lot of them when my nieces were young, then I moved away, so really didn't need them.

I've been decluttering lately, and noticed that I have 2 containers that hold kitchen utensils, and that I don't use half of them. I've pulled the ones I think I won't need out and put them in a bag off to the side. If they're still in there after a few months, I'll donate them. I need every inch in this tiny kitchen, and getting rid of things like that will facilitate the cooking process and make it more enjoyable.

Reaction score
Well, I have some shaped cookie pans I bought years ago and have never touched. But I mainly bought them as a collectors item anyway, not really to use.

I bought a stand mixer because I liked the look of it, and I got it at a hefty clearance price. I've used it a couple of times, but I don't do much baking anymore, so it just sits in the box, in the closet.

I've been thinking about selling off my bakeware and some of my gadgets.

Reaction score
I traveled recently and while running through Walmart I took a look at some appliances but willed myself not to buy any.I was so bent on not adding to my storage that I forgot to buy some necessary baking things like a spring form pan and some cookie cutters.

Reaction score
I use everything I've purchased. I have been gifted some items that I don't use very often. I have a pan that is used to make cakes with fillings. I used it more often when the kids were little, but I rarely get it out these days.

Reaction score
Actually when I got married my family, relatives and friends gave us gifts and some of them are Kitchen equipment and utensils. We are a big family clan and we had many friends that is why we received many gifts. And then some gifts are the same that is why up to now it is still not in use and is just being kept for the longest time. We had 1 two burner gas range, 1 burner gas range, 2 electric rice cookers, 1 turbo broiler, 1 blender, 1 electric mixer, different kitchen utensils and other stuffs like sets of plates and saucers, drinking glasses, drinking cups, pans and pots. All of these items are still new until now. They all gave me these things that I can use in my kitchen because they knew that I had this passion for cooking ever since I am still single. And it is okay that this items are still there because they are souvenirs and memories of my wedding day. But I make it sure that they are well organized and kept in a safe place in my kitchen. In the future I can still make use of them if the ones that I am using right now cannot be use any more.

Ask a Question