What sort of stencil designs would you use?

Reaction score
My mother used to decorate cakes quickly and easily by putting a paper doily on top (usually without frosting) and shaking some powdered sugar over it, then carefully removing the doily. These days they have cupcake and cookie sized stencils for sale to do much the same thing. Have you ever used one? What sorts of designs do you like to use?

Reaction score
I haven't used any, but that doily idea sounds really cool - I've never heard of that before! It must make some really intricate patterns. I suppose you could get a similar effect by using a paper snowflake or something. If you made your own, you could even make them small enough for cupcakes or cookies. Now there's a Christmas bake idea...

Reaction score
I have actually used the doily method which my ex Mother In Law mentioned to me. I have never used the stencils but would like to see what designs they have.

Reaction score
I've seen a Halloween cake stencil with bats, so I would probably go for the bats. I also like the spider web cake stencils.

Reaction score
The doily idea is brilliant. Going to be keeping an eye out for likely looking stencils too :D

Ask a Question