Where can I find cheap rolling pins?

Reaction score
I want to get a number of them. 20? Is there a place that sells them cheap, or in bulk?

Reaction score
Have you tried a restaurant supply company? They should have what you need and may offer a discount for buying in such a large quantity. You may also find something on Ebay if you don't mind them possibly being pre-owned and already used.

May I ask why you need so many? The curiosity is killing me. Are you teaching a class?

Reaction score
I never thought to check ebay!
There are two reasons I want them. 1. is my mom does a Christmas cookie baking day with all of her grankids (8) and they each want their own this year.
2. my sister and I are hosting a Cookie Exchange party and thought it would be cute on the invitation somehow!

Reaction score
Are there any dollar stores near you such as Dollar Tree or Deals? They often have an entire wall of kitchen gadgets, and I'm almost certain they carry rolling pins considering how ubiquitous they are. Even better, if they do have them you will probably only have to pay $1 a piece for them.

Reaction score
I don't know if I have ever came across a rolling pin for a dollar, but if I did I would buy all of them. :) They can be quite pricey. My aunt has one made out of marble and I love that one! It's nice because the marble usually stays cold which makes rolling easier.

What a fun thing to do with the grandkids, TABL. Your mom must be a very patient woman. A cookie exchange party sounds pretty fun too!

Reaction score
I don't think my mom knew what she was getting into when she did it the first time! At first there was just my own daughter, who was about 10 months old. They always baked together. Over the years, more and more kids were born! Of course, there is a spread in ages... but they all enjoy it. And I love the cookies they bring home!

Reaction score
Don't laugh, but for decades, my family used an old thick dowel rod for rolling out dough. I think it was my grandmothers originally. They came over to the US from Italy back in the early 1900's and didn't have much money at the time so they were very frugal with everything. We never had an actual rolling pin until about 5-6 years ago, lol.

Obviously if you are shopping for a marble one that's going to cost much more, but wooden ones you might find super cheap of you look around. Even thrift stores or flea markets will sometimes have them. Another place to look would be a craft supply store, believe it or not - sometimes they are sold as decorations for craft projects, but they would work just fine as a real rolling pin too.

Ask a Question