6 year old birthday party

Reaction score
We are having a birthday party for a group of six year-old's. I thought it would be cute if we did some sort of baking project. Any ideas of something interesting but not too complicated that the kids could do with minimal help?

Reaction score
How about letting them decorate cupcakes or cookies? Bake a couple dozen cupcakes or sugar cookies and set up a table with assorted colors of icing, sprinkles, little candies, candied violets, etc. available to make some tasty little masterpieces.

Reaction score
I like the cupcake suggestion! Alternatively how about cookies? Something like gingerbread is quite resistant to over working, and once they are baked they could ice them.

Reaction score
Cookies, cookies, cookies. :) Every kid loves cookies, so to be able to make them would be a wonderful experience.

Reaction score
I agree with the cupcakes idea! You can get a box of cake mix and quickly make some basic cupcakes before the party. Then set out candies, icing, and various decorations and let the kids have fun and be creative. It'll keep them busy for awhile :)

Reaction score
What a great idea! Nothing better for a group of 6 year olds than to get them engaged in an activity and its a really an original theme for a children's party. I'd probably build on the cupcake idea and create a party cake caterpillar. Each child's cupcake could be part of the caterpillar, so you would have individual projects while working together to create a group cake!
My daughter had a Slumber Number party (I'm weird about encouraging math in girls) and one of the math events was baking.... educational and yummy!

Reaction score
The decorating cupcakes sounds like a good suggestion or an easy no bake recipe even. I would think a bunch of 6 years old in a kitchen could get kind of messy but if you find an easy no-fuss recipe it may work out.

Reaction score
Decorating cookies is a classic but an all time favorite amongst kids. They love to play in the icing and just all around be creative.

Reaction score
You could get some cookies or muffins so they could decorate them! I think that must be one of the most funny and entertaining projects! Maybe you can get mini cakes if you are feeling daring! So they can help not only with the decoration but also the glazing! That would be a hell of a project, but a bit more ambitious than the muffins or cookie ones.

Ask a Question