Need Chocolate Cake Recipe for Spider-Man Cake

Reaction score
I’m making a cake on either Monday or Tuesday and it’s of the Spider-Man: Homecoming suit. I’m hoping to make it shoulders to waist and I’m planning on using a 12x9 Pan. Also, I’m no professional baker so this is just for fun.

I was wondering if anyone had a chocolate cake recipe that would be extra thick because I was hoping not to make 2 layers. I don’t use box mixes so any help would be great!

Reaction score
I’m making a cake on either Monday or Tuesday and it’s of the Spider-Man: Homecoming suit. I’m hoping to make it shoulders to waist and I’m planning on using a 12x9 Pan. Also, I’m no professional baker so this is just for fun.

I was wondering if anyone had a chocolate cake recipe that would be extra thick because I was hoping not to make 2 layers. I don’t use box mixes so any help would be great!

Any cake recipe scaled for two 9” round pans will made more than enough batter for a 9” x 12”

The area of a 9 x 12 = 109”
The area of one 9” round = 63.58”
The area of two 9” round = 127.17”

If you are planning to carve the cake you’ll need to make it at least a day in advance to allow the cake to settle. A freshly baked cake is extremely fragile; it will crumble if carved.

Sommer Stone has a good American Mud Cake recipe on her old website CakePaperParty.com. It’s scaled for two 8” round, which is an area of 100”. So it will work in a 9 x 12. If you wanted additional batter to ensure a fuller cake, just increase the recipe by 25%.

Ask a Question