Adapting mousse recipes

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am trying the recipe below from Sugar Geek Show this weekend, but I’d like it to be chocolate raspberry instead of straight chocolate. How would you go about doing that? Would you just add raspberry extract or oil? Do I dare try purée?

I found some legit chocolate raspberry mousse recipes online, but I’m afraid to mix up the elements too much my first go-round.
Also…should these be stored in the fridge?

Recipe

Reaction score
Create a raspberry gel with raspberry purée, sugar, agar and lemon juice.

Drizzle the gel into and along the sides of a piping bag, then fill the piping bag with chocolate mousse.

Pipe the mousse into champagne coupes for serving and the gel will nicely marble the mousse.

Check brunoalbouze.com for the matcha cheesecake recipe where he does the gel+mousse piping technique.

Reaction score
To make it a chocolate raspberry you’ll need to add raspberry purée, gelatin mass (dissolve gelatin sheet with glucose). The gelatin mass is needed for extra stability because the water content in the purée will disableize the mousse. Raspberries are about 85% water which is significant.

Ask a Question