Another success story

Reaction score
So I made my first coconut bread yesterday and for a newbie, I did good. Again my resident critic gave me a thumbs up. It was not a local recipe and the local veterans might not approve of me trying a "foreign" recipe but I am delighted I did.

The locals would probably have preferred if I got my dry coconut from the tree along with the grater and worked hard on the coconut from scratch. Instead I used some prepacked coconut flakes to produce my masterpiece. Of course I always believe there is room for improvement, but I am happy I have another recipe in the bag.

Here is the recipe I tried

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/03/coconut-bread/

Reaction score
So, you finally found something to do with your coconut, huh? I'm glad it turned out for you. I don't think I've ever heard of coconut bread, but it sounds good!

Reaction score
IMG_20150307_163711.jpg I did finally find something to do with the coconut bread and I still have enough to make a second bread. I am so surprise some of you have not heard or made coconut break. I feel like I see similar looking breads when I go to Walmart and those stores when I travel.

Reaction score
That looks pretty darn good. It's like banana bread , but with coconut.
The photos in that Smitten Kitchen blog post look amazing too.
I might add this recipe to the backlog of recipes I have saved to try someday.

Reaction score
That looks pretty darn good. It's like banana bread , but with coconut.
The photos in that Smitten Kitchen blog post look amazing too.
I might add this recipe to the backlog of recipes I have saved to try someday.

You are right on that one: it's like banana bread with coconut instead. Interestingly enough,I saw a recipe that included both the coconut and the banana. It was something like and banana and coconut bread I think they called it. You should try it and it's great with a cheese of your choice. Some like jam but I am not "sweet" on that.

Reaction score
Congrats Wintery and I am so happy that you have found the joy of baking! I have never heard of coconut bread before so I am going to have to try this. It sounds really good!

Reaction score
So happy for you girly! I bet your coconut bread was delicious! How I wish my mom had tried to get into baking when I was still living with them at home! I'd have liked so much to have a mom like you: making some really tasty baked goods and always looking for new things to try!

Reaction score
Coconut they said had many medicinal benefits to our body.That is why no wonder this coconut bread is not only delicious but a healthy food too. Thanks for sharing this post I will include this in my list of recipes and will surely try this one :)

Ask a Question