Are cooking sprays harmful to use?

Reaction score
Lately I've been trying to stay away from a lot of preservatives due to being pregnant, but I also try not to use too much olive oil or butter while cooking in order to avoid too many calories. However, even though cooking spray offers 0-5 calories per serving, is that due to more preservatives in it? Thank you to anyone who has some answers for me!

Reaction score
The propellant (Methylene Chloride) in an aerosol cooking spray is a known carcinogen that leads to cancer.

I'd rather just have the extra calories from olive oil and burn it off by exercising more.

Reaction score
Sprays are generally pretty harmful in my opinion. Not to mention the "non food" factor. Also, olive oil is one of the best oils you can use. I highly suggest research into the oils you use. Many shouldn't be used at all, but if you have genuine olive oil (much in the stores is fake, so no health benefits), then you're good to go.

Ask a Question