Baking Hunt

Reaction score
I am really excited because there is a new thrift shop that opened this week in my town. It is huge and I am going to go do some hunting there today. I am interested in finding some new bake ware and serve ware! Do you all find some of your baking and cooking items at thrift stores?

Reaction score
Sadly we don't really have thrift stores over here, but the place where I am going does have some really nice places where you can find a lot bake ware for very cheap. So, right now am only dreaming, hehehe! Have fun and good luck with your hunt ;)

Reaction score
Most of the bakeware I see at my local thrift store is junk, but I once bought a Nordicware Bundt cake pan with a detailed design for $3 at Goodwill.
Those are $20 pans usually.

Reaction score
There is a lot of junk at the thrift stores, I will give it to you there. I do occasionally find a diamond in the rough and have a lot of fun treasure hunting. I always go into the thrift stores with an open mind because I never know what I am going to find.

Reaction score
There is a lot of junk at the thrift stores, I will give it to you there. I do occasionally find a diamond in the rough and have a lot of fun treasure hunting. I always go into the thrift stores with an open mind because I never know what I am going to find.

Happy hunting. I don't know of any in my tiny island for finding bake ware so it's not something I can speak to really. Recently, I saw a clothing only thrift shop in the mall, but that's about it: it's probably the first of its kind. It would probably be fun for me to hunt around in one, but I likely won't buy much of anything.

Reaction score
I have better luck finding small appliances like immersion blenders at thrift stores because people donate them after not getting use out of them.
By the time baking pans show up at Goodwill, they're usually encrusted with baked on ickiness.

Reaction score
So, it's been a couple of weeks. Did you find anything good at the new thrift store?
I found an electric cake pop maker for $5 and Pinterest has a ton of savory recipes for cake pop makers, including pizza balls, takoyaki and mini corn dogs.

Reaction score
Thrift stores are great but you have to hunt. Theres a shop called qulaity save in the UK i got a prestige pan than can turn into a normal tin and a bundt tin. I got an apple shaped tin for £2 it was quite large. I was so pround!!!

Reaction score
When I was still in college my passion for baking began and whenever I had extra cash from my allowance I am saving it for me to buy and invest baking wares and pans, baking appliances and other items. Actually I bought all of them one by one not on a thrift store, I've always waited if there is a grand sale in a certain Baking Store and the prices are really cheap during their sale season. After college when I was already working in a company during my rest day I started baking simple pastries only then let my co-workers taste it and then that is the start they are ordering already. Up to now that I am married already I am still using what I had invested in my baking before and they are still in good condition because I bought the ones having nice quality which I think will last for a long time.

Reaction score
When I was still in college my passion for baking began and whenever I had extra cash from my allowance I am saving it for me to buy and invest baking wares and pans, baking appliances and other items. Actually I bought all of them one by one not on a thrift store, I've always waited if there is a grand sale in a certain Baking Store and the prices are really cheap during their sale season. After college when I was already working in a company during my rest day I started baking simple pastries only then let my co-workers taste it and then that is the start they are ordering already. Up to now that I am married already I am still using what I had invested in my baking before and they are still in good condition because I bought the ones having nice quality which I think will last for a long time.
I think buying good things is essential but not only that. Things that are cherished and used well as well as cared for happen to go the furthest. The most important thing is to care about your bake wear well

Reaction score
"Treasure" hunting at local thrift stores can prove to be quite useful! I have gotten some of my best pyrex dishes there. :) It takes a skilled eye to realize a hidden gem but sometimes thrift store shopping is the way to go. I have even found muffin tins and a whole butcher block knife set that after sharpening was as good as new! Glad to know I am not the only one "Thrifting" for baking & cooking items.

Reaction score
@wahmed Yes it is true that buying a good quality of baking wares and pans is essential. And at the same time we should also take care of it very well like cleaning them carefully after every use and to keep and store them as organized the way it should be. By means of this we can use them for a long time which we can cherish in our lifetime.

Reaction score
I was looking for fondant ware on eBay. There is so much so cheap for baking there. They must be worth trying out

Ask a Question