Best Cake for Silicone Igloo Cake Mold

Reaction score
Hi All, I am new!
I have this super cool Martha Stewart Silicone Cake Mold and I am trying to come up with good recipes to make with it. It is quite deep so I am worried that a lot of fluffy cakes won't work. The recipe the mold came with was sort of uninspired. I have tried poppy seed in the past to varying success. I am looking for something simple to make for the holidays (poppy seeds are expensive!) Any guidance would be appreciated. Its about 9 inches wide. In the past I have also used it to make gelatin and ice and those were great. Thanks!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 505
Reaction score
HELLO!

I've never baked in silicone, so I cannot say for sure.

But I would think some hard cake would do.....pound cake, original wedding cake, bread cake....something of that nature. Possibly an English Pudding?

I would think that since the dome/bowl doesn't have a spike in the middle, the middle of the cake (or whatever is baked in it) would be gooey in the middle and not done all the way.

I don't know what size that is, it looks pretty small to me, so it might be ok.

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes I have had some issues with gooeyness in the past. I will research some hard cakes.

Reaction score
Just to add to what @ChesterV said, whichever recipe you decide to try, it would be best to bake it low and slow due to the odd shape. There are some parts where the batter is thin, and other parts where it's very thick, so you might also need to cover the outer edge if it looks like it is browning too much.

Ask a Question