Birthday Cake

Reaction score
Hello! For my 26th birthday I am making a three layer cake. Now, I know I want to do a Pink ombre inside and a all white exterior. However, I am not sure of what flavors to do. I know that I would like a white chocolate frosting. Strawberry would probably go well but I want to do something new and unexpected. I was thinking citrus, like lime, lemon, and orange. But, it doesn't really go together in my head. I would love some flavor suggestion, maybe something not so sweet since the frosting will be.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh...that sounds so beautiful!
I like the idea of pink lemonade, strawberry and vanilla.
I know vanilla sounds boring, but it's so good! And you can call in 'pink velvet.'

Reaction score
That sounds gorgeous! Strawberry and vanilla with the white chocolate icing sounds good to me, but it's not really new or unexpected! I think with the ombre though, that will be the new and unexpected part, since people aren't expecting that!

Reaction score
How about raspberry? Those little red berries can make the insides pink easily. And they go so well with white chocolate, too! Think about it. Cranberries are also another possibility. Anything red and fruity and sweet but tart. Oh! Cherries! Cherries are good! Blood oranges are another one, and an unusual choice.
I hope those help because I honestly can't think of any more right now.
I love that you're getting creative with your cakes and making them different than the usual vanilla and chocolate that has become so common a choice as to become synonymous with birthday cakes in general. On my last birthday, I had lemon cake with strawberries and vanilla buttercream frosting colored pink with beet juice. I called it our strawberry lemonade cake.

Reaction score
That cake sounds pretty and it sounds like it tasted good. Did the beet juice make the frosting taste any different? I like the idea of cherries. They're a bit tart so they'd definitely balance out the sweetness of the frosting.

Reaction score
Well, a little, yeah. You can't really make beet juice taste like anything but beet juice, as far as I know, but we wanted a natural food coloring. Still, it's fine with a bit of vanilla and the other flavors in the cake itself. It looked awesome, too.

Yeah, can't go wrong with chocolate and cherries. I'm not much for either of them but it's a popular combination so I figure they must go together well for those who like them. There are many varieties of cherries so I'm sure there would be a kind you like that would go well among them, if you're a cherry person. I had a couple of friends who liked them. One moved away and the other I hardly see anymore due to lives after school. Personally, they taste like medicine to me.

Reaction score
Three layer cake?! Dang that's pretty big! But it sure sounds delicious! i like the idea of adding fresh fruits on top of the cake, just for decorations! Plus, it can make the cake test even better! But look out for the sour ones. Sour fruits don't taste very good with cake.

Ask a Question