1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Optional 1/2 cup raisins

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your muffin tin with muffin liners
2. Mix together bran and buttermilk. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
3. Beat togehter egg, oil, sugar and vanilla and add it to the bran and buttermilk mix. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the the mix into the bran mix until it is well brended. Add raisins if you want.)
4. Spoon the batter into muffin tin.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy! :)
Do you like to make bran muffins? Do you add anything to them? How do you make yours?

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the recipe. I just love bran muffins. We used to buy the mini ones that Costco sold with the blueberries in them. They were delicious. However, home made ones would taste so much better. I won't be omitting the raisins ;) Now, I'm going to have to see if I can find bran here, darn you ;)

Reaction score
Your recipe sounds quick and easy. For some reason, I did not think brown sugar was in bran muffins. I guess when I think about it, this ingredient makes sense.

Thanks for the recipe!

Reaction score
So I recently made bran muffins using my recipe posted above. My husband forgot to put the tupperware lid back on the container the muffins were in which really dried them out. I was really disappointed! I like my muffins to be moist. Before I threw them out, I had the idea to toast them. Let me just say, toasted bran muffins are AMAZING! Thankfully I was able to "save" my muffins without throwing them out. Has anyone else ever toasted their muffins?

Ask a Question