Butter in Coffee??!!

Reaction score
Yeah, my dad tried to get me to drink coffee from a young age. I just couldn't stand the base taste of it, it makes me want to wretch.. ugh.

When it's been "Dulled down" or has so much creamer, sugar, and milk added... then I can 'plate' it.

Sorry to hear yer working at a McD's, I know what it was like - being underappreciated, overworked, and underpaid. Unless that just my restaurant that sucked and the management from hell...

I've been there for over a year, I worked at the other store in town for 8 months and everything you said above fit the bill, I had a chance to be transferred to the store that I'm at now and within two months of being at that location I received employee of the month! This store I enjoy working in because everyone there including managers treat everyone like family! It's amazing how two stores can be a difference between night and day. I love working in the drive thru that's one of my favorite places to be, and also on the table.

Sorry that your experience at the McD's you worked at sucked! I felt it for 8 months until I was able to go to another store!

Reaction score
3 1/2 years being there, 2 of it on no-love nightshift, not even making a differential bonus. The managers embezzled, came and went, and the ownership fired the wrong people for the wrong things. They didn't care about their employees, which is evident in the fact they just want a high turnover rate. Also when I called to hash out a problem with their leadership it said to call their number on a board and I did -- and she basically told me off and I shouldn't be contacting her for this sort of problem, when clearly on bulletin with her number it said "Any comments? Questions? Concerns? Feel free to contact us at..." Yeah, the list goes on. The horror stories continue. But for everyone who came and left, I trucked it out until they simply didn't bring me back, the ultimate show of how they thought of me after they rebuilt.

Wish I coulda cared for someone I'd like to work for. I did table all day every day, and grill/fried line as well. I was nights. We had no help, I did all kitchen duties myself, filtered all the vats, stocked for morning shift, and constantly cleaned until the morning. Numerous times I burnt myself badly but continued on. Didn't call off of work, and had to walk to work in some of the worst conditions possible. Of course since it's nightshift you get dead for periods of time, and since I had nobody to talk to and I worked alone I listened to my MP3 player so I could crush out a lot of work, so I had a certain amount of freedom. I didn't mind it. It paid the bills enough with some friends we lived comfortably. Now, it's patchwork online jobs that I have to work because that was pretty much it in my small town. I liked my boss too, he was lazy and I did some of his work but we got on well, liked the same stuff, and talked to each other at least. It made it less monotonous.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

Someone just asked me about the original topic, too, in real life. I told them I couldn't recommend it, but it was worth a shot one one time to see if they enjoyed it. Just gotta wait to hear back from them what they thought too.

Reaction score
No problem, yea I understand those periods of time when it's slow. Luckily when I work back drive thru I'm busy doing dishes or making teas. When we are slow they usually have us cleaning. We aren't open 24 hrs so it's nice to have set business hours. I've only called when once because of being in the ER with morphine in me, the other time I showed up to work sick because Im used to working sick, they sent me home telling me to get rest. The managers we have when they ask us to do something they usually say please and thank you. The other McD's location would never be that nice to us.

Reaction score
I'm a super frugal person because I grew up poor and have had my share of
hardships as an adult. So when someone gave me a couple of bags of ground coffee that was expired, I accepted it and Googled how to salvage old coffee.
I found out that brewing the coffee grounds with some ground cinnamon doesn't make the coffee taste like cinnamon but gets rid of some of the bitterness and oxidized taste of older coffee grounds. Also ,coffee is roasted and dry so it doesn't grow mold and pathogens, so old coffee grounds won't kill you.
So there you go. You can drink that old bag of coffee that's been sitting in the kitchen cupboard for 10 months.

Reaction score
I'm a super frugal person because I grew up poor and have had my share of
hardships as an adult. So when someone gave me a couple of bags of ground coffee that was expired, I accepted it and Googled how to salvage old coffee.
I found out that brewing the coffee grounds with some ground cinnamon doesn't make the coffee taste like cinnamon but gets rid of some of the bitterness and oxidized taste of older coffee grounds. Also ,coffee is roasted and dry so it doesn't grow mold and pathogens, so old coffee grounds won't kill you.
So there you go. You can drink that old bag of coffee that's been sitting in the kitchen cupboard for 10 months.

Good tip to know as I also have some older bags of coffee that we didn't really enjoy that got forgotten in the pantry. Now coffee has gotten so expensive I refuse to throw it out. Some coffee is better than no coffee right?

Back on topic I haven't tried the newest trend, but the people I know who have tried it, out theirs through some kind of mixer to make it frothy before they drink it. Maybe that takes care of the oil on top of the coffee.

Reaction score
The butter in coffee is called Bulletproof Coffee, and you're supposed to also add a certain kind of oil and froth the whole mixture together like a latte.
You are also supposed to drink this to replace breakfast as part of the Bulletproof diet, so there's more to it than stirring some butter into coffee.

Reaction score
Oho, look at this. I didn't even know it had such backgrounds. I'm going to have to go search about this diet and read up on it. Thanks for shedding some light :D

Reaction score
Never thought that coffee could actually have more to it than a hot drink, with that being said I'm not a coffee fan but I will have to search up these neat facts about coffee. I still crack up there is this one customer that comes through the drive thru and she will ask me personally to make her iced coffee drinks, she won't let any one else make them but me. I still don't understand why my drinks are that good, since I'm not a coffee drinker.

Reaction score
Ice cream in coffee is actually really good as long as the ice cream is real and creamy. It thickens the coffee and makes it more of a mocha or other gourmet type coffee. I love the flavor, smell, and everything about coffee.

I could see how something like ice cream and coffee could go.well with coffee, but the butter I still don't know about that. I came back here to see if anyone had been converted to the butter and apparently not. I am a big Dr. Oz fan but this is one fix I am not about to take and when I told my husband about it., he just shrugged it off.

Reaction score
I don't like the sound of it, though I haven't tried it. I believe it is usually done with part butter and part coconut oil. The idea is that the fat will keep you full and fueled and somehow help you lose weight. If you are a person who does really well on a low carb diet, it might work for you because that would really help cut down the carbs by eliminating them from breakfast, but I personally do not think it's something I would do.

Reaction score
Butter in coffee??? Oh..this is something different. I am not a coffee lover but I guess when you put butter in your coffee it will give a different twist of taste...:)

Reaction score
It doesn't sound appealing to me at all - but generally speaking I just take my coffee black anyway. If I'm out at a coffee shop occasionally I get a flavored latte or something - but when I'm at home it's just plain old black coffee for me!

I just think butter in coffee would taste greasy and weird...but I guess some people like it!

Ask a Question