Butter is better!

Reaction score
One of my latest experiments has included butter making. I love butter and would much rather use real butter in my recipes than margarine. Everything tastes better with real butter!

My first go round at making butter wasn't so successful, but I found instructions for making butter in a blender. I went out and bought a blender just for this purpose! I poured my heavy whipping cream in the blender, turned it on and let it roll. It was awesome!

Do you use butter, margarine, or skip it all together when you bake?

Reaction score
Butter is the one dairy product I can't give up. I prefer real butter.

I never considered making butter. I didn't even know that heavy whipping cream was the basis of butter. I just might give this a try since I do have a high power blender.

Reaction score
It can be a bit messy, but it is so worth it! I found the recipe in a homesteading book. The kids love helping and it makes a fun project!

Reaction score
I use marg for cakes gives it less peaking and more of a flat top which I use to ice and decorate :)

Reaction score
I use marg for cakes gives it less peaking and more of a flat top which I use to ice and decorate :)
I've always used butter, so I had'nt noticed that. I wonder why it would cause less peaking? Is it more of a chemical reaction that causes this or is it the way that it holds together? I like the taste of butter better, but I may have to rethink it for my cakes!

Reaction score
I've always used butter, so I had'nt noticed that. I wonder why it would cause less peaking? Is it more of a chemical reaction that causes this or is it the way that it holds together? I like the taste of butter better, but I may have to rethink it for my cakes!

I'm not sure why it happens, I tried to google it to be able to give you an answer but I couldn't find anything :( It's just something that I have noticed though.

Reaction score
I've never made butter myself, is it tastier than shop bought stuff?

I always tend to use butter when I'm baking, but that's an interesting point about how cakes rise... I'm intrigued!

Reaction score
I like real butter better too. I have never tried making it myself though. I really like flavored butters. There's one place we went that had strawberry butter. It was so good!

Reaction score
I use butter, margarine really does just take the taste out of most things, though some swear by it. Never tried to make my own butter though, that would be awesome if I could.

Ask a Question