Coconut on outside of cookie

Reaction score
I have a local Italian bakery near me and they sell these sandwich cookies filled with raspberry jam and on the outside they covered half in a reddish fine coconut. I'm just curious if anyone knows what they use to adhere the coconut to the outside of the cookie. We thought maybe an apricot spread? Thanks!
20191109_184935.png

Reaction score
They probably do the adhere step while the cookie is still warm. The sugar warm and the moisture of the coconut will stick to anything, including your fingers. Tough not knowing what type of cookie it is but guessing its not a shortbread or dry cookie but a moist sugar cookie.

Reaction score
I have a local Italian bakery near me and they sell these sandwich cookies filled with raspberry jam and on the outside they covered half in a reddish fine coconut. I'm just curious if anyone knows what they use to adhere the coconut to the outside of the cookie. We thought maybe an apricot spread? Thanks!
View attachment 2673

if I were trying to copy that.. I'd dip the end in a simple syrup, then coconut.
They mixed the coconut with red color.
same as colored sugar. Strikes me as a lot of extra hand work.

Ask a Question