Coconut Cake - Daniel

Reaction score
Daniel, I do like the way the cake looks. Especially for a cake made with unbleached flour. I also made a couple of liquid changes to the recipe. I reduced the milk, then replace some of the milk with water to thin it out. The batter really had a very lovely coconut scent to it. So hopefully this cake taste like a piña colada. If not I will
kick up the coconut some more. We will see...

E229179F-0065-464F-9C60-F2D13BBA15DC.jpeg

A8E9491D-8741-4E00-9D77-D3CB5FE9110F.jpeg

Reaction score
Sounds and looks delicious! I love coconut cake :)

Daniel and I have been having a conversation about high altitude baking. He noticed his all in one Victoria sponge baked up without a problem. And I had read a two sentence comment on a recipe some months ago that said when the baker used reverse creaming she never had a problem baking at high altitude. So now I’m wondering if the solution to high-altitude cake is more simple— getting rid of the mechanical leavening. So I am revising a reverse creaming recipe I have and Daniel is going to test it to see if works at high altitude with no other adjustments. My original recipes for a white cake with cake flour. But he doesn’t have access to cake flour so I’m changing it to unbleached all purpose flour.

And to make it a worth eating I’m making it into a coconut cake

Because I couldn’t figure out how to post a picture on the private conversation I had to start a thread here. Lol. I can bake but I can’t do technically complex stuff. Lol.

That cake in the photo actually turned out good. But the shredded coconut in it wasn’t a big hit. It apparently made the cake a bit too chewy So I’m actually baking the fourth test cake now. :p I’m a baker driven!

Ask a Question