Cooks stand mixer Attachments

Reaction score
I have a cooks stand mixer from Jc penny and would like to know if someone could tell me if there are attachments still available for it.

Thanks Jeff

J13

Reaction score
When I search for this, I get all kinds of stand mixers...but none labeled "cooks"...what company makes this? I'm seeing Kitchenaid, Sunbeam and Cuisinart.

J13

Reaction score
Jc penney's
JC pennys is where you bought the mixer—but JC penny's doesn't make mixers. They have mixers made by other companies: Kitchenaid, Sunbeam & Cuisinart. Which one is it? Could you attach a picture?

Reaction score
JC pennys is where you bought the mixer—but JC penny's doesn't make mixers. They have mixers made by other companies: Kitchenaid, Sunbeam & Cuisinart. Which one is it? Could you attach a picture?

@J13, JCPenney’s in house kitchen appliance brand is Cooks. Like Sears in house brand is Kenmore. But I don’t believe JCPenney’s makes the stand mixer anymore. They’ve struggled considerably over the past few years cut a lot of lined and shut down a lot of store. But I don’t know for sure.

J13

Reaction score
@J13, JCPenney’s in house kitchen appliance brand is Cooks. Like Sears in house brand is Kenmore. But I don’t believe JCPenney’s makes the stand mixer anymore. They’ve struggled considerably over the past few years cut a lot of lined and shut down a lot of store. But I don’t know for sure.
Ah, I see. I didn’t know J.C. Penny made their own mixer. In that case, if there are attachments, they’re probably no longer for sale (as they don’t make the mixer any more)...but one could search online for attachments that they used to make that someone might have and have put up for sale.

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I didn’t know J.C. Penny made their own mixer. In that case, if there are attachments, they’re probably no longer for sale (as they don’t make the mixer any more)...but one could search online for attachments that they used to make that someone might have and have put up for sale.

Yes, I’m afraid so either Esty or EBay. Baker’s that bought Cooks really liked them, so if they find one online, I’m sure it will have most of the attachments. It was not a cheap mixer. It was built to take on KitchenAid. And the price was just slightly under KA. It wasn’t a junkier knock off.

Reaction score
Was wondering about that price that is listed. Not sure if they have the decimal in the wrong place. Probably more like $230.00 rather than $23.00 - not sure on that or if they are just trying to get rid of it for a quick sell but looks like a decent price if looking for attachments.

Reaction score
Was wondering about that price that is listed. Not sure if they have the decimal in the wrong place. Probably more like $230.00 rather than $23.00 - not sure on that or if they are just trying to get rid of it for a quick sell but looks like a decent price if looking for attachments.

Yes it does seem really cheap. So it might be a typo Those mixers sold for $150 to $200 new. About 10 years ago JC Penny’s was making a big push to about break out of its rut. It was introducing a lot of new products. And it was Soliciting a lot of better brands. Their CEO took JC Penny’s from the brink the bankruptcy to viability in about 3 yrs. Their stores were doing really well. Then e-commerce exploded. Amazon took off. Now every retailer is in trouble.

Reaction score
I recently got a cooks brand mixer from jc pennys for my birthday and it is super light and mostly plastic. I have a kitchenaid but it needs a part thats easy to replace. I am a mom and haven't got around to it until now. After opening the cook brand from jcpennys that cost $126 right now on sale. Original price is $190. Thats a lot of money with inflation and the cost of living so high to waste on a bunch of plastic. I feel like I am throwing away our money. Besides, right now you could purchase a new basic kitchen aid, for as low as $199 to $259. Research certain websites if purchasing online first. Don't get scammed. Well, Needless to say, I was very motivated after inspecting this mixer, reading about it, and searching for attachments pieces, that I finally ordered the part I needed for my kitchenaid mixer. I have decided I am returning the cook brand and fixing my kitchenaid instead. I am going to explain why, so you don't make the same mistake. Everything is made of plastic except the bowl and the attachments. The attachments however are super light, what looks to be medal. I am not sure. I feel like I could bend them and I am tiny.
, instead of a lock like the kitchen aid it's a button made of plastic that feels like there's no pressure, kind of like it's loose. That makes me nervous, the kitchen aid is so heavy it stays in place, unlike the cook instead has suction cups to hold it down, and its so light you can lift it literally, with one hand. I can't find any attachments for it either, unlike the kitchen aid. You can buy parts to fix a kitchen aid or pay to have it fixed and it works like new. The cooks brand you can not. The cooks brand also makes me nervous because if jcpennys goes under, what will happen to the warranty since it is there brand. I do feel if I used the cook mixer, because of its lightness, that the suction cups would come loose while mixing frosting or dough. If not now eventually sooner than later. I bake alot and I feel like the motor would give out really quick due to lack of weight, which makes me think the working mechanisms are mostly plastic too. I hope this helps. For the price, plus the fact I have used and own a kitchen aid, and have all the attachments already, I feel it's better to save your money and buy the kitchen aid or one that's built like it. Sturdy, one thats all medal, heavy on its own, so it will stay put, one that is sold literally everywhere, that pops up immediately when you search for it, one with attachments and parts, one that if it breaks you can fix it or have someone else fix it. We'll thats my 2 cents. I hope this helps someone. Good luck.

Ask a Question