Do we really need all of those kitchen machines?

Reaction score
I do not have many electric baking gadgets and I only had an electric beater, a blender which I am always using.. And one thing our kitchen is not that big that is why I only bought the most important ones rather than buying gadgets that I am not using regularly. And also it is because there is no enough space in my kitchen for these gadgets.

I think those you mentioned are very basic :) I also have them, I like to think really well before I buy any new gadget, because I don't want the things to just sit there accumulating dust.

Reaction score
As much as I am guilty of loving and wanting a house full of "gadgets", they are not really a sound investment.

Most of these items are "made to sell" to a public that has been bred on "instant" everything.

Aside from cooking shows that most people love to watch, that is not what most of America does in reality. In reality, most people have no clue how to cook. Those who do cook usually only know the basics of it.

I blame the invention of the Easy Bake Oven for all these types of cooking/baking gadgets on the shelves today.

But, there are pro's and con's to any kitchen gadget. It just depends on which traits you are needing from a gadget, and if you are willing to spend the money on it.

Most people buy gadgets because of our "instant" society. If they don't have the skills or knowledge to create recipes or prepare foods, then they surely don't have the skills to know how to use a stove or oven either. These gadget alleviate the necessity for anyone to need to LEARN how to do something in the kitchen.

In the example of a cupcake maker, all you need is a box of ready made cake batter (just add the wet ingredients), and pour into the cupcake maker gadget. Thats it.
$_35.JPG

Although I love to hand make foods and baked goods, I have a small kitchen and just don't have the room. I would love to have some of these gadgets, but I'd need a triple sized closet to keep all of this kind of stuff in. I just don't have the room.

Ask a Question