Do you "bake" in the toaster oven?

Reaction score
I've tried baking with our Turbo Broiler but not in our oven toaster. I would normally use it to heat bread and other food items but I've never thought of using it to break bread. I assumed that the max temperature is too low for baking breads and that it would simply dry up ingredients before it can bake them into something decent. That's what I actually read in a site.

Reaction score
Yes, sort of, anyways. My oven is broken on my regular stove, so I cant use it. Last thanksgiving, I bought a toaster oven that was for cooking turkeys in, though it can be used for a huge variety of things, and I cook EVERYTHING in it. I notice that cakes even come out softer and it never has burned edges even if I cook it a bit longer on accident.

Sounds like you got a really nice one. I'm guessing it doesn't get quite as hot as your oven did (even if set to the same temperature). I've noticed that I have to do some adjusting with mine.

I'm glad it worked out well for you. It comes in handy, doesn't it? Much cheaper than replacing the stove too, if you're in a pinch.

Reaction score
Oster large Toaster Oven..jpg
I cook & bake in mine a lot Anything small enough to fit in there without being too big gets my vote!! :)

Ask a Question