Do You Buy Baked Goods Flavored Items?

Reaction score
Today I bought a box of pumpkin pie Pop Tarts on clearance. I've noticed that there are also bakery themed pudding cups that taste like pies and cakes, and of course the birthday cake Oreos and red velvet Pop Tarts. Do you ever buy the commercially made bakery flavored items?
The pumpkin pie Pop Tarts are good, actually.

Reaction score
I just bought a box of the pumpkin pie Pop Tarts too and thought they tasted good. Lately I have been seeing birthday cake themed everything and I am so over it now. I sometimes by the baked flavored items until they get so overused that I get sick of seeing them.

Reaction score
Not unless they are chocolate! I may buy them as gifts for friends as they like them and people always want a red velvet cupcake and I wasn't that bowled over by them. I do like orange or lemon flavored cakes and will buy those if they look good as a treat.

Reaction score
I do it sometimes when I feel like eating something sweet and can't be bothered to bake or make anything. Yeah, not the smartest move, because that's how I gained weigh in the last months, lol. Fortunately I no longer crave that kind of things anymore :) but yeah, commercially made stuff are not the ideal things, but they save the day sometimes.

Reaction score
It was just Monday that i purchased a Black Forest Cherry Cake for my son's birthday as i just did not have time on my hands to make one from scratch; and i must say it was super delicious.

Reaction score
Black forest cakes are the best, so heavenly! Same to white forest cake. Somehow, when I really want to enjoy baked goods or pastries, then I have to buy them. While I enjoy baking just like cooking, the process takes away from my taste buds. Don't ask me the science behind that because even I have no idea. The process fills me with such excitement, but once done I can barely enjoy the outcome. Same thing happens when I cook. Could this be the curse of the chef/baker *enterdrumrolls*

Reaction score
with you on that, Wild Orchid. I love baking for others, but regularly buy baked goods for my house, simply because i don't want the work. I do keep my "R & D" work for the house, but to me, my cakes are all starting to taste and smell the same, so they're not terribly interesting to me. everyone else LOVES them, but i'm like, mehh... get me a double chocolate from Ralphs.

Ask a Question