Where To Buy Good Rhubarb?

Reaction score
Well I need some help, so I thought that this might be an interesting place to ask it and see what I get. I love rhubarb pie, it is the best dessert ever and it reminds me of my childhood and it makes my mouth tingle....all that good stuff. The problem is that every time I have made it is has been with rhubarb provided by someone who grew it themselves. I no longer have such a person, and I am wondering where I can get good rhubarb?

I am sure it is a bit of a local issue, but I looked at the typical grocery stores and they had nothing.

Reaction score
The only place I tend to find it here is farmers markets. And even then it's seasonal...I don't think I've ever seen my local supermarket stock it.

I wonder if any others might have more help/advice! Where abouts are you based?

Reaction score
I've never cooked rhubarb. I know I've tried it a few times, always mixed in with other fruits, so I don't actually even know what it tastes like. I don't know where my mom got it when she baked with it, but the supermarkets up there seem to have more of a variety with regard to produce, so perhaps that's where she bought it. My parents always frequented farm stands whenever possible, as well, so maybe that's where it came from. There are groups on Facebook, typically local sales groups, with ISO (In Search Of) in the title, and that could be one place to find a good local source.

Ask a Question