Do you ever have "theme nights"?

Reaction score
For the last season of Downton Abbey, we started making Victorian and Edwardian-era dishes each night there was a new episode on, like the Kitchen Garden Cake and pork pies. And when we watched Game of Thrones on Netflix we tried some medieval dishes. Has anyone else made something out of the ordinary or from a different era?

Reaction score
Not at this time, because I currently detest my apartment and I've been dreaming of moving for about 3 years now.
When I do move, I might have a themed housewarming party based on the Canadian sitcom Trailer Park Boys. I found a website that sells Canadian junk food, so I'm all set.

Reaction score
What's Canadian junk food like? I know there's Kraft Dinner and poutine (which I've never had) but surely there's more to it.

Reaction score
What's Canadian junk food like? I know there's Kraft Dinner and poutine (which I've never had) but surely there's more to it.

Well, I'm not Canadian, but on Trailer Park Boys, I heard Ricky talking about Shreddies and it turned out to be a cereal that the website sells. He also mentioned "all dressed up" chips and the website I found has a couple of different brands of "all dressed" chips. They also sell poutine gravy by the jar and a lot of different Canadian candies and sodas.
Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys mentioned chicken chips and apparently there are chicken flavored chips, and ketchup flavored chips.

Reaction score
I'm a great lover of cats. I once hosted a cat themed night! Everyone came dressed up as a cat and were later served all the delicacies they love! We enjoyed caviar and champagne as well as smoked salmon and cream cakes. It was all very light hearted and fun! During the evening we watched the Andrew Lloyd Webber Cats musical and played mouse trap! I have many cat loving friends!

Reaction score
I haven't done that but sounds like a great idea! That's a fun way to mix things up a bit and try something new.

Reaction score
That sounds really fun and awesome. I think I might try it because I am always looking for more and more ways to do things differently and spice it up. A medieval night would be so cool and fun to plan for me and my friends because we are always watching shows like game of thrones or the tudors.

Reaction score
I support a group home that has Wacky Wednesdays during the school year. Each week the staff dresses in costumes of that weeks theme, a movie or activity and then dinner is focused on the theme. There was a Gridiron Week and they had a tailgate in their own driveway, Others have been Pirate Week, Camping, etc.... They all seem to really enjoy it!

Reaction score
Here's an Art Deco cake for a 1920's Gatsby themed party:

vg7jKFj.jpg

Reaction score
I have always wanted to do this, but I don't know anyone else who would be in to this sort of thing. I did meet someone who wanted me to participate in a bacon themed party. She wanted to assign everyone a different dish to bring that was made with bacon.

Reaction score
I haven't done any theme nights but, I might start. I think the kids would love to dress up and eat food based on different themes. I think the first theme will be cupcake theme. My ten year old loves to watch the cupcake and cake bake off shows. Maybe I will start with cornbread cupcakes and mash potatoes as the frosting and shape turkey or chicken into a design. Finish with decorate your own cupcakes. Since she lives to do crafts with cardboard boxes, I'll get her to create some cupcake costumes out of cardboard boxes.

Ask a Question