Edible playdough

Reaction score
Any suggestions on fun edible play dough? I think it would be awesome to make with my daughter. Any project ideas to go with it would be helpful as well.

Reaction score
Those look so good. I will have to give it a try. Also very creative! Thank you for the tip!

Reaction score
Making edible playdoh would be such a fun project for my kids. They could bake and eat their creations. I will have to give this a try. I love how the Playdoh you buy in the store smells, does this make me weird?

Reaction score
It does smell. I actually found a recipe on line. I tweaked it a bit.

1/2 cup of flour (you can do half flour, half powdered sugar)
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of honey
Food coloring. ( Mix in enough until there is a decent amount of color)

Mix all together and once its just about fully mixed, kneed it a bit.
I suggest letting kids play with these on a clean surface, or using plates.

Reaction score
Oh wow, this sounds great! I kind of just want to roll it out and take a bite! Looking forward to trying this with my daughter when she is bit older.

Reaction score
Growing up we always made marcipan figurines! All you need is raw marzipan and food coloring. You knead the food coloring into the marzipan and make a fee different colored batches. Then you can shape and mold the "play dough" into different shapes and decorate with sprinkles or M&M's. No baking required :)

Reaction score
This is so neat. I remember making this weird powdery stuff in school forever ago that when you play with it it turns liquid. I cannot remember what was in it though! This reminds me of it. My daughter isn't born yet but this would definitely be fun with my boyfriend's little niece and nephew!

Reaction score
Chocolate Clay

Ingredients:
14 ounces candy melts
⅓ cup of corn syrup
Instructions:
Melt chocolate in Stir chocolate until it's completely melted and once it has cooled to room temperature next add the corn syrup.

With a spatula gently stir scraping the sides of the bowl until the corn syrup has fully blended combined with all the chocolate. The mixture should look like a ball of cookie dough. DO NOT OVER MIX Pour the mixture into a plastic sheet and spread a little and wrap. Leave to set overnight at room temperature.
You can use you clay the next day.

Reaction score
Whelp. Never before have I thought I'd want to eat play dough, and yet here we are, and it looks absolutely delicious. There might be a bit of a risk with kids thinking since they can eat this, they can eat the regular stuff though, but I'll make sure they know the difference.

Reaction score
Oh wow, this sounds great! I kind of just want to roll it out and take a bite! Looking forward to trying this with my daughter when she is bit older.

It sounds like fun, but my fear would be that the child would be tempted to think it's okay to eat it before baking it, or maybe even just tasting playdough that isn't edible. If I ever used any of the edible kind, I would never have any of the non-edible kind in my house again (just to avoid confusion). I would also feel the need to stress that the stuff at school or at a playmate's house isn't edible.

Reaction score
...Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't any dough be made into play dough? I mean, as long as you've got some dough, you could let your children play around with it before it's baked. Then they can create anything they want, and you, Mommy dearest, can pop it in the oven and they've just created their own cake in the same of a dragon!

Ask a Question