eggless cakes?

Reaction score
Does anyone make cakes without using eggs and if so what do you use as a substitute?

Reaction score
You can either use a pre-made egg substitute, or you can substitute gelatin and water for an egg. I think it's a tsp of gelatin and a tablespoon of water per egg?

Reaction score
^can you buy gelatin that has no beef or pork in as l've never bought it before.

Reaction score
^can you buy gelatin that has no beef or pork in as l've never bought it before.

I make cakes with no eggs because I'm a vegetarian and don't eat eggs. I use an egg substitute and I must say that my cakes turn out very well with it. In response to your question, I believe that there is indeed veggie gelatin. I've heard people use it but I've actually never tried it before.

Reaction score
My friend is allergic to eggs so I'm always on the lookout for egg free recipes! Here are two that I've tried:

Coconut cream cake

Egg free chocolate cake

Both are gorgeous! The coconut cream cake is very tasty, but it has quite a crumbly texture compared to regular cake. The chocolate cake recipe makes excellent cupcakes too!

Reaction score
Does anyone make cakes without using eggs and if so what do you use as a substitute?

I use ground flaxseed as a good egg replacer. The process is fairly simple. Mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed with three tablespoons of water. Stir the mixture up good to make it egg like. This will replace one egg. You can just double up the mixture if the recipe calls for two eggs. Flaxseed can also replace oil when baking.

Ask a Question