Frosted or Unfrosted Sugar Cookies

Do you prefer frosted or unfrosted cookies?

• Frosted - I enjoy a little icing on my cookie.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Today, I baked sugar cookies. I prefer mine plain without frosting. However, I have seen plenty of sugar cookies at baking events or in the supermarket with frosting. Which one do you prefer?

Sugar Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg

Steps:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2) In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
4) Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5) Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
6) Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

sugar-cookies-1.jpg

Reaction score
I actually prefer mine with sprinkles lol. I do love frosting too, but I really want more of the cookie flavour.. or at the very least, just a drizzle of frosting. Sprinkles are my favourite though. The little crystal sugar type or nonpareils.

Reaction score
My family thinks I am weird to dislike icing on cookies.

I think putting icing on cookies just makes them unnecessarily sweet. I would rather eat them plain as I can enjoy the cookie in itself.

Ask a Question