Disposable See-Through Container for Frosted Dessert Bread

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a see through disposable bread container ? Because my dessert bread is frosted I can't wrap it or put it in a bag without messing up the frosting. I've looked everywhere on line but can't find the right sized container. My pan is 9 x 5. Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a see through disposable bread container ? Because my dessert bread is frosted I can't wrap it or put it in a bag without messing up the frosting. I've looked everywhere on line but can't find the right sized container. My pan is 9 x 5. Thanks a ton!

Hello and welcome to the forum Kevin.

A clear disposable container of that size with a lid is going to be sold as a takeout sandwich container. They will sell in bulk so you will not be able to buy one or two.

Shipping is not the cheapest for online purchases, but a lot of the online stores are in the east, so a lot cheaper shipping than shipping out west where I live.

https://www.amazon.com/Dart-Clear-H...locphy=200807&hvtargid=pla-350747399716&psc=1

If you are open to an disposable aluminum loaf pan with clear lid, you can purchase a case of 25. You can bake your bread in the pan, then cover afterwards.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/du...f-pan-with-clear-dome-lid-case/6125100KT.html

If you have a Smart and Final or a Cash & Carry store near you, they are restaurant supply stores open the public. Both carry a lot of take out containers. But again, they sell in bulk.

I recently purchased aluminum lidded containers at WalMart. I know they had loaf pans, but I do not remember the size.

If you have a big box craft store like Michael's or JoAnn's, they usually stock packing for baked goods in the cake decorating section. What they stock is based on season and demand. You can call to see if they have lidded loaf pans.

Reaction score
What do you need the container for? And why does it need to be transparent and disposable?

I'm not a big fan of disposable containers, I try to avoid them whenever I can. I use a large plastic container for my baked goods, similar to this one:

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/10141/Lo...r-Caddy-&-Clear-Lid---Square-Holds-28cm-Cakes

Or if I know it doesn't need to be in an airtight container, I use my covered cake stand:

https://www.johnlewis.com/lsa-international-serve-cake-stand-and-dome-dia-26-5cm/p231800461

Reaction score
Hmmm . . . Was also thinking ' frosting ' could be given in a small takeout cup. After heating for a few seconds in the microwave it could be drizzled over the loaf. This might work well for Lemon Loaf as the frosting is not thick.

That way the cooked bread itself could go into plastic bags.

Still thinking . . .

Reaction score
Hmmm . . . Was also thinking ' frosting ' could be given in a small takeout cup. After heating for a few seconds in the microwave it could be drizzled over the loaf. This might work well for Lemon Loaf as the frosting is not thick.

That way the cooked bread itself could go into plastic bags.

Still thinking . . .

Are you marketing these loaves? You mentioned baking with your 15 yr old, so I assumed home consumption. If you are marketing, then baking in a disposable aluminum pan makes more sense as its removes three steps in your workflow. Filling a separate container with frosting is more labor time, plus the expense of the container. And more packaging, especially plastic packaging, raises pollution concerns with consumers.

Reaction score
We bake at home for ourselves, but the loaves have been so delicious that we've begun giving them as gifts or donating for sale at fund raisers, like our church bake sale. So figuring out containers would be helpful.

But things are evolving. It might be a good learning experience for her to sell them in the neighborhood this summer. What do you guys think ?

Reaction score
We bake at home for ourselves, but the loaves have been so delicious that we've begun giving them as gifts or donating for sale at fund raisers, like our church bake sale. So figuring out containers would be helpful.

But things are evolving. It might be a good learning experience for her to sell them in the neighborhood this summer. What do you guys think ?

It could be very good experience for her to create a home-based baking business. But do keep in mind all food business is regulated by state and local municipalities.

Nearly every state has laws specific to the cottage food industry, meaning food produced and sold from a home kitchen.

All food production and sell is regulated for public health reasons; state health regulators want to limit risks of food borne illness, and be able to track the source of contaminated food in the event consumers become sick.

States usually regulate the cottage food industry through the public health department and/or agriculture department. So check with these departments for requirements.

Given the risk of food poisoning, states limit the type of food produced for sale in a home kitchen. There’s usually a list of food items that can be produced in a home kitchen.

Icings in particular are usually called out in cottage food laws. Nearly all states prohibit the production and sell of any baked goods that have icing and/or fillings with egg, butter, cheese, and/or cream in them. So you will need to check your icing ingredients to ensure they comply with the food regulations.

Most counties/townships have regulations for cottage food laws. These laws normally reflect the state so compliance with the state will put you in compliance with your local municipality.

If you are in Philadelphia, the city may have additional requirements.

Federal food labeling laws will apply as well.

Reaction score
I think it's a lovely idea, but make sure you don't fall foul of the law. That would be a whole other experience for your daughter, but not the good kind! If it wouldn't be possible to sell it with the frosting, then maybe you could put the recipe for the frosting on a label so that people can add it themselves at home?

Ask a Question