Fudgy or cake-like brownies?

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by Trellum, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've been baking a lot brownies lately, from scratch and from boxes. I have tried both cake-like ones and fudgy ones and I must say so far our favorite ones at home are the fudgy ones :)

Mine look like this:

[​IMG]

They are super fudgy and chocolatey :) I wish I had added some pecans, then they'd have been perfect. Now we just need some toffee sauce and some vanilla ice cream... I will stick to fudgy brownies now on, I had been eating the cake-like ones, but nothing compares to the fudgy ones to me. What about you?

Trellum, Jul 26, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Trellum

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

O.k., I need that recipe. Those are exactly the kind of brownies I like. I just posted in another thread about how chewy fudgy brownies are my favorite, and here's your yummy picture! I always make them from the Duncan Hines mix, because they come out just the way I like, but if you've got a recipe, I'll sure take it. My Mom prefers cake-like brownies, which are good, too, but in my opinion, you can't beat a chewy fudgy brownie.

Diane Lane, Jul 26, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Trellum

DancingLady Well-Known Member

Those look like Betty Crocker box mix brownies. I almost recognize the picture. I usually make mine fudgey rather than add the extra egg for cake brownies. I think the cake brownies are probably healthier though since you have more protein to balance all that sugar and refines flour.

DancingLady, Jul 27, 2015
    rocklobster likes this.
  4. Trellum

I made the last ones from a box ;) I decided to give a try to the fudgy ones, so I went on and only used 1/4 milk, half cup oil and one big egg (double yolk) plus another double yolked egg minus the white and I got a really dense brownie. Loved it, never going to cake-like ever again. By the way, the ones from the box taste MUCH better than the ones my MIL buys already done, lol. MUCH MUCH better.

Trellum, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Trellum

Lol, this time I used that brand as well :p I have yet to find the right recipe to get really chewy fudgy brownies like the ones I get when I make them using Duncan Hines mix :) By the way, have you tried using melted butter instead of oil when making those Brownies? I have yet to try that!

I might bake my own fudgy brownies next year... I want to try several recipes, once I find one that gives the same results as Duncan Hines I'll let you know :)

Trellum, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Trellum

Chocolatechip New Member

Fudgy are the best

Chocolatechip, Aug 19, 2015
    rocklobster likes this.
  7. Trellum

rocklobster Member

These brownies look delicious! i think i might have to have a go at baking some, i've never baked any before! :eek::rolleyes:

rocklobster, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Trellum

@Chocolatechip I couldn't agree more with you on that ;) I tried some cake ones recently, and let me tell you they weren't satisfying at all. No matter what recipe you use or how good it is, the cake-like ones are not for me!

@rocklobster If you have never baked brownies before, then you should really give the boxed mix a try ;) I recommend you to try Duncan Hines brand. I prepared the most delicious ever brownies some weeks ago using that mix. They were so fudgy!

Trellum, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Trellum

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

I'm all about the fudgy ones! To me they just taste so much better - that chewy dense taste is awesome. I don't really care for cake like brownies because if I wanted a cake I would just bake a cake or cupcakes!

cupcakechef, Sep 13, 2015
  10. Trellum

ReadmeByAmy Well-Known Member

For me I always prefer the fudgy brownies. It's the best brownies for me and I always love its texture and taste! :)

ReadmeByAmy, Sep 13, 2015
  11. Trellum

Candi New Member

Ghiredelli also makes a great mix and I add expresso powder to deepen the flavor

Candi, Aug 12, 2018
    Norcalbaker59 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question