Gas Stove vs. Electric Stove

Reaction score
I have used both a gas stove and an electric one. I was wondering if any of you had a preference. If so, why? I find my gas stove takes longer to bake things than my electric one, but everything seems to come out moister. Maybe that's just me? So, which stove would you prefer to do all your baking?

Reaction score
I do most of my baking in the oven rather than on the stove, but I guess the same question still applies xD I tend to prefer an electric one just for peace of mind- especially my fiancee's mind. It's safer in general I guess too. Though having used both, I've never really noticed a difference.

Reaction score
I'm old school so I go with gas. Though I use oven most of the time not a stove. I just feel it's better to go with the traditional way to see the flames around your cake instead of heated rods. Or maybe I just haven't tried using an electric oven. Is there any difference at all?

Reaction score
I love gas stoves even though my house does not have one. That is one thing I am looking for when we buy a house. All of the pros use gas as I have noticed. I think you can control the heat better.

Ask a Question