Hello fellow cake lovers!

Reaction score
Hi there :) Looking forward to chatting with people about anything and everything baking-related. I'm especially interested in healthier baking and would love to pick up some tips! (Also if anyone knows how to make cookies without them fusing into one huge monster cookie, that would be great...)

See you all soon!

Reaction score
Welcome! :) my chocolate chip cookies come out as individual cookies
and not a monster cookie. I make them from the recipe on the
back of the Nestle chocolate chips bag.
How do you make yours?
Nice to have you here. :)

Reaction score
Welcome! :) my chocolate chip cookies come out as individual cookies
and not a monster cookie. I make them from the recipe on the
back of the Nestle chocolate chips bag.
How do you make yours?
Nice to have you here. :)
I make mine with any easy recipe I happen to find online, but every time I try to make cookies of any sort I take them out of the oven and they have fused into one big cookie :p Maybe I make them too big or something. They're still delicious :D

Reaction score
Hmmmm, maybe they are too big! LOL But, hey if they taste good..........
You could try making them smaller. And making sure there is enough space between each cookie
so when they are baking they don't all "smoosh" together. Or, maybe you need more flour
if you are at a higher altitude? :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Caffajake! :D I made some Jaffa Cake cupcakes recently - vanilla base, filled with smooth tangy marmalade, topped with chocolate buttercream. YUM!

Jaffa Cake cupcakes.jpg

With cookies, I usually roll a small amount of dough into a ball (you want it about the size of a walnut) and put up to six on a baking tray. They really spread out when they get hot, so just give them more room and they should be fine.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Caffajake! :D I made some Jaffa Cake cupcakes recently - vanilla base, filled with smooth tangy marmalade, topped with chocolate buttercream. YUM!

View attachment 140

With cookies, I usually roll a small amount of dough into a ball (you want it about the size of a walnut) and put up to six on a baking tray. They really spread out when they get hot, so just give them more room and they should be fine.
:O They look amazing! Do you have a recipe!? I haven't had breakfast yet and I am so, SO tempted to whip up a batch... for my family of course, not just for me.... ;)

Reaction score
:O They look amazing! Do you have a recipe!? I haven't had breakfast yet and I am so, SO tempted to whip up a batch... for my family of course, not just for me.... ;)

Not sure I can share it online because it was only published relatively recently - it's in the book Home Sweet Home by Hummingbird Bakery. Basically it was a regular vanilla sponge base, and when they are cool you cut out a piece from the top and put in a spoonful of smooth marmalade, and then put the top back on like a lid - you might need to trim it down a little. It's a chocolate buttercream on the top, and of course a mini Jaffa Cake! :D

Ask a Question