What Happens When You Mix Dry Jello and Soda in Cake Mix?

Reaction score
I have a wonderful recipe for a Fuzzy Navel Cake that uses boxed cake mix, dry peach jello, orange jiuce and gran marnier (along with eggs and water). NOW, I want to try something and need to know if it will work:
White cake mix, dry cherry jello, Cream soda and vanilla vodka (along with eggs and water).
What will using the soda do to the combination?

Reaction score
I have a wonderful recipe for a Fuzzy Navel Cake that uses boxed cake mix, dry peach jello, orange jiuce and gran marnier (along with eggs and water). NOW, I want to try something and need to know if it will work:
White cake mix, dry cherry jello, Cream soda and vanilla vodka (along with eggs and water).
What will using the soda do to the combination?

The bubbles in soda pop are created using carbon dioxide. So the carbon dioxide will act as a leavening agent and the cake mix. It will simply help the cake rise.

Usually the eggs, water, and/or oil are eliminated or reduced when using a mix.

Google Lemon-lime soda cake or 7 Up cake to get an idea of how to use soda in a mix. Soda pop manufacturers distributed soda cake recipes in the 50s-70s as a marketing strategy to sell more soda pop. This is very old school.

Ask a Question