How about No-Bake Cookies to introduce kids to the idea of baking?

Reaction score
I mean, it's not the same as baking, but they can get the general idea.. measuring carefully, mixing, etc. I think this might be a good way to introduce them when they are really little, and then move on to real baking. They still get the satisfaction of "I made that!" and can start feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.

Reaction score
I like that idea, specially for really small children! With my nieces what I did was showing them how to make a pie :D A no bake cheese pie!!! I let them help me mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter, put the crust in place... I then hydrate the gelatin, I mix the ingredients for the cheese pie, add the cold already hydrated grenetin... they help me mix all that ;) and voila! Next day we have a pie! They loved that one!

Reaction score
Do you know this "no bake " approach is completely foreign to me? I have never even researched it but I actually will now. I have seen it mentioned or alluded to ever since joining the forum but would love to know how it actually taste. I read here somewhere that a no cake was taken to a function and no one could tell. I guess it's time I did some serious research.

Reaction score
I'm oven less at the moment so nobake cookies sound like a great idea to me. Especially if they can shape them into whatever they want. Do you have any recipes you've tried?

Reaction score
I'll have to get the recipe from my daughter. She has the best one. She learned it in home ec class at school. I know it has chocolate chips and oatmeal in it, so it's got to be good, right?

I was just thinking it would be a good way to get little ones started, but I'm sitting here hot right now and thinking this is the way to go when I'm overheated and want some cookies, haha. Summertime would be good too.

Reaction score
This is very interesting... how to make no bake cookies to introduce to kids the idea of baking. Maybe even me I will be interested as well because I have not try making this no bake cookies. What I am making is no bake cheesecakes only. Would love to hear recipes from someone who could share it here. :)

Reaction score
I didn't know oats could be eaten as is. I like this recipe. It looks easy but best of all messy. Definitely fun to make with my king. Thank you!

Reaction score
I remember making "no bake" cookies in home ec class way back in middle school. That was the very first thing we made. Looking back now, it seems hilarious that it was supposed to be our introduction to cooking when 1. you don't cook the cookies when you're doing no-bake, and 2. most of the kids in that class were already making evening meals at home! I come from a small farming community, and we were peeling potatoes at age 5 and 6 :)

Ask a Question