How do you melt butter quickly and efficiently?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new to baking and some recipies require different constancies of butter. I was wondering how do you soften butter without completly melting and ruining the butter? Am I the only one with this problem?

Would you buy a product that softens butter to various temperatures?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Not possible, reliably. Leave butter on the counter overnight to come fully to room temperature.

No I wouldn't buy a product as you described.

Reaction score
Hello, you can try to put it on the heater, but so that it does not melt completely and if you do not want to, you can leave it for 2-3 hours in the kitchen and it will melt during this time

Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new to baking and some recipies require different constancies of butter. I was wondering how do you soften butter without completly melting and ruining the butter? Am I the only one with this problem?

Would you buy a product that softens butter to various temperatures?

Thanks!
1 lb butter....fast?
12 seconds in a microwave.
Flip it over and do 6 seconds more. If you need to soften it more it's best to leave out until you're happy.

Alternate, slice the butter into 1/4 inch slices and lay it out on its wrapper.
It all depends what you're doing and how much time you have to play with. In a hot commercial kitchen I often had the opposite problem.

Ask a Question