How I Met Your Mother Cookies

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you watch How I Met Your Mother the TV show but their was a scene with the Mother and a character on the show called Lily with very yummy cookies. They called them "sumofa b-word" cookies on the show but a friend posted the recipe the other day and I can't wait to try them.

1 cup of butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of peanut butter
2 eggs
1 TSP vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 TSP of baking soda
1/2 TSP of salt
36 bite sized chocolate covered caramels (like Rolos)

Beat the first four ingredients together until smooth. Then add eggs and Vanilla.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate container.
Once blended add to the other mixature.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350*F
Shape the cookie dough around each bite sized chocolate caramel
Bake for 14-15 minutes

I haven't tried this recipe yet but am excited too :)

Reaction score
This sounds good. I may eventually try out this recipe. My kids and I love exploring with new recipes.

Reaction score
I stopped watching the show sometime around season 4-ish, but the recipe sure sounds good ;)

Reaction score
I stopped watching the show sometime around season 4-ish, but the recipe sure sounds good ;)
Me too. I can't remember what season I stopped watching. The name alone is worth giving this recipe a try, just so that I can say "Try some of the Son Of A B cookies!"
The ingredients sound great but there's a LOT of sugar. It looks like the sugar is equal to the flour which would make them sickly sweet, but maybe the peanut butter and salt mitigate the sugar's sweetness.

Ask a Question