How long do any cookies last in your household?

Reaction score
Store bought cookies can last for almost a week, until the next trip to the grocery store, even if they are a type of cookie that everyone in the house likes. Homemade cookies last about 36 hours. Part of the problem is we all love chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven, this is what I tend to make, so when they come out we have almost half of them with big glasses of milk and it's all downhill from there.

Reaction score
It depends, if my husband is traveling for work they last a very long time. If he's home then maybe a day or two. He's like a big kid when it comes to chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal raisin.

Reaction score
It really depends, if I am making a favorite kind of cookie, like chocolate chip or oatmeal no bake cookies, those are lucky to last until the following day. However, if I've picked up some store bought cookies for a special treat, those tend to last for close to a week.

Reaction score
I was wondering how long any cookies last in your household? if I buy any cookies and put them in the biscuit tin - they are all gone by the end of the day! I always end up hiding some because people seem to be addicted to them!
yes i agree in our house too everybody loves cookies,our fave one!

Reaction score
It really depends, if I am making a favorite kind of cookie, like chocolate chip or oatmeal no bake cookies, those are lucky to last until the following day. However, if I've picked up some store bought cookies for a special treat, those tend to last for close to a week.

Agreed, I bought some Keebler cookies that are like imitation Girl Scout cookies and those have been hanging around for a week, but if I had baked cookies from scratch they would already be gone. Warm cookies from the over are superior to packaged cookies so they tend to go fast around here.

Reaction score
I think cookies last for quite long if stored correctly. You can store it in a air-tight tin and forget. Me too hide some.

Reaction score
Cookies last longer than raw cookie dough! :rolleyes: I so love baking for my family and sharing my love of baking with them!

Reaction score
My husband and I both love cookies so they only last 3 days max. If he's home the day I make them then it's normally 2 days.

Reaction score
Cookies never last long. (Along with all the other sweets) between my husband and I we could eat cookies all day and not care.

Reaction score
I was wondering how long any cookies last in your household? if I buy any cookies and put them in the biscuit tin - they are all gone by the end of the day! I always end up hiding some because people seem to be addicted to them!

I like this post very much, because it speaks to me! And my family! I personally, love baking oatmeal cookies, and have "tried my hand" at a couple other original recipes. But, no matter which cookie I decide to bake, it's sure to be done by say, tomorrow! I'm not kidding either! It's like as soon as my family gets even a whiff of the smell of my cookies (just or almost baked), then that's it! There's basically no hope left of me even trying to surprise them, or conceal what I've been up to, at all!
They "sniff it out", and before I know it, that's them right behind me in the kitchen, asking where their share is! Lol, I find it really funny, but sometimes it's like they're hounding me! But I do it all outta love, so it really does feel like the real reward when I see them, and when they show me their happy faces after taking a bite or two, then it's all worth it!

Ask a Question