How to use pannetone paper mold for grandma's bread?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used these before on here? I bought some, and it was mentioned about the moisture in my recipe. I saw that "they/on the web" put the bamboo in before bread braking for Pannetone, and wonder if I should do it before or after the bread is baked. Never used them before and I know this bread is high is moisture. Thanks!

Reaction score
Jean, you do not need the bamboo skewers for your grandmother’s bread. Panettone is a different bread altogether. When panettone is made correctly it is so fragile it will collapse under its weight as it cools. To prevent the collapse you have to cool panettone upside down.

Your grandmother’s bread is very sturdy. It cools fine upright.

Reaction score
Jean, you do not need the bamboo skewers for your grandmother’s bread. Panettone is a different bread altogether. When panettone is made correctly it is so fragile it will collapse under its weight as it cools. To prevent the collapse you have to cool panettone upside down.

Your grandmother’s bread is very sturdy. It cools fine upright.

I reread what you wrote about them and decided I didn't have to do the bamboo since you didn't feel the need to after all. Thank you for your response. I like the molds though instead of trying to divide the bread into 2 for the glass pans I had. Still a work in progress.

Reaction score
Jean

Norcalbaker used the Pannetone paper for shaping the bread not because it was a high moisture dough. A high moisture dough can have up to 100 per cent fluid to flour (so 300 gms of water to 300 gms of flour) Your dough is rich which does make it more difficult to handle but it should be easy to divide in half. Generally, unless your dough is really wet, the dough should be very easy to shape.

Ask a Question