Let’s See A Show Of Hands

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Norcalbaker59, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Norcalbaker59

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

who out there has driven out of the gas station with the gas nozzle still in the car, ripping the nozzle of the off the gas pump?:rolleyes:

Sigh...s#%* happens.

Norcalbaker59, Jul 4, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Norcalbaker59

Becky Administrator

Oh no, that sucks! Never done it myself, here in the UK the pump will only deliver fuel when the handle is pressed, so once you're done you just hang it up then go and pay. Not easy to be distracted when you can't do anything else I guess! I find them quite stiff so I often use two hands. My mum ran out of fuel a fair few times though, that was never fun.

Hope it wasn't too expensive!

The first time we were driving in the US we were so confused by how it all worked. The fact we had to pay for it first was weird, because we didn't know how much it would cost to fill the tank. We handed over $100 because here in the UK it could easily cost £50-60 to fill up our small car, and we were driving a much bigger car in the US. The guy laughed at us, and since the fuel came to something like $25 I could see why. He also apologised that it was so expensive!! Seriously, you guys don't know how good you've got it when it comes to fuel prices :D

Becky, Jul 4, 2018
    Norcalbaker59 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Norcalbaker59

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

Yes I remember having to pay by the liter in Europe; we pay by the gallon. In California gas is twice as much as other states. We have stricter auto pollution emissions standards than other states. because we have over 38 million people.

I don’t know what the cost of fixing the pump will be. I gave the station my insurance information, and they haven’t notified me yet of the claim. But BIL made the same mistake; My sister said it was about $300 - $400 to repair the pump house.

In the moment I was mortified:oops:, but when I got home I couldn’t stop laughing. :D

Norcalbaker59, Jul 5, 2018
    Becky likes this.
  4. Norcalbaker59

Becky Administrator

I'm glad you can see the funny side! :D These things happen, no point crying over spilt milk :)

Becky, Jul 6, 2018
    Norcalbaker59 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question