No Bake Cookies

Reaction score
I love no bake cookies, but can never seem to get them right. They taste great but are a gooey mess and have to be eaten with a spoon. I'm not typically one to measure things out, but have done so for this and even set my oven timer to make sure the batter boils for the correct amount of time, but it always seems to fail. At least they still taste good. I would just like to get them to firm up. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I found a recipe for a version using oats, butter and sugar which was then microwaved and then left to refrigerate. These didn't really work, but they tasted great!

I did have a version which you microwaved, 50/50 chance of success. If i find the recipe, i'll post it here. From what i remember it contained flour, cooking oil, baking soda. Compared with my other recipe, which had none of those, i think one of them might be the reason it hadn't worked.

Reaction score
I make a snack of walnuts, peanuts, and raisins put into the food processor ( you can of course add other nuts and dates as well) and then put into the fridge for about an hour to harden a bit and make into small balls. They taste so good!

Reaction score
Reaction score
There is this one kind of no-bake cookie my sister likes to make. I'm not sure on the exact amounts, but it's a combination of butter, oatmeal, sugar, and peanut butter. Looks exactly like some no-bake cookies I've seen in stores.

Reaction score
Years ago I made some no-bake cookies from a jar (someone had given it to me) and they were delicious!!! I wish I knew what they were. I didn't keep the instructions.
No bake would be great for my little guy to help with!

Reaction score
I guess fried cookies would fall into this category then. There are several recipes available when you search for fried or deep fried cookies. Most would require chilling the dough before frying. While other recipes would need a batter dip such as this one using Oreo cookies. It's called Fried Oreo Cookies
http://www.myindo.com/story/189.asp

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I got a no-bake fruits cookies recipe coming along with my Betty Crocker newsletter.

This is very easy and only includes 4 ingredients; 1 cup hazelnuts, 6 ounces dried apricots, dried cherries or dried cranberries, a 14oz can condensed milk, and 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs.

Place together hazelnuts and dried fruits in your food processor and process until finely chopped. Place this mixture in a large bowl and stir in crumbs and milk. Shape mixture into small balls or to your liking. Cover tightly and store in the fridge. Storage life for this homemade products is 2 week ins refrigeration, or 2 months if frozen.

Personally, having a crush on give stale bread a second live (I even started a thread on this matter) tried this recipe using stale sweet bread crumbs instead of graham crackers and I really liked these easy and fast to prepare no-bake cookies.

Ask a Question